cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim all of a sudden

Endofmyrope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, 

So I have a $50 plan that went inactive on the 17th because lack of funds, I went in today and got a $40 and a $10 vouche( I guess no such thing as 50 dollar vouchers at London drugs wierd) to add to my account, did that but phone did not reactivate.....account says active, same phone same sim any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Endofmyrope wrote:

Hey all, 

So I have a $50 plan that went inactive on the 17th because lack of funds, I went in today and got a $40 and a $10 vouche( I guess no such thing as 50 dollar vouchers at London drugs wierd) to add to my account, did that but phone did not reactivate.....account says active, same phone same sim any ideas?

@Endofmyrope

Payments can unfortunately take some time to process, but yours should be OK by now.

Have you confirmed that payment went through successfully?  To view all your payment transactions and confirm your payment:

1. Sign in to Self Serve

2. Click on 'View Payment History' in the grey bar.

If you have confirmed that your payment went through and your plan is still suspended, please click  here  to submit a form to the Moderators about your case.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Endofmyrope 

When you try calling your number from another device/phone, what happens?

You could also try the lost/stolen trick, to see if this triggers service.

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" Button
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Reboot your phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Endofmyrope wrote:

Hey all, 

@Endofmyrope your account says Active and you have NO service?

Try one or more of the below:

• turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot
  • removing your SIM for a few minutes, gently clean the contact of the SIM and gently blow inside the SIM slot of your phone, then reinsert SIM 
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • reset network settings
  • try you SIM in another compatible Public Mobile phone

If trouble shooting above is still failing contact Moderators to check on your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Endofmyrope That could be a network problem. Reboot phone.  Somebody might have stolen your phone number. Open ticket to see if the correct sim card is being user on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.