cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking sim card pin code - leaving public mobile

Csokool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 
I am leaving public mobile for Freedom mobile. I have an LG4 (it is over 2 years old). When I put in my new sim card, my phone asked me for a pin code to unlock my sim card network. I have been unable to reach Public mobile for an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Celine

6 REPLIES 6

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Csokool wrote:

Fixed it! Contacted my intial provider (from whom I purchased the phone) for code to unlock phone.

Happy you got it sorted.

jessicca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Freedom has to do it

Csokool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fixed it! Contacted my intial provider (from whom I purchased the phone) for code to unlock phone.

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Under the assumption that your phone is carrier locked.

Like others suggested,

1. you'll have to wait for a PM moderator to respond,
  2. contact the carrier you bought your phone from (e.g. TELUS, Koodo, etc), OR
  3. seek out a third party unlocking service

The default sim card security PIN for Wind's sim cards has always been 0000.

However, I believe your phone is asking you for the network unlock code, as if your phone is locked to Telus. You'll have to wait for a reply from Public Mobile's moderators to receive your unlock code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Csokool wrote:

Hi, 
I am leaving public mobile for Freedom mobile. I have an LG4 (it is over 2 years old). When I put in my new sim card, my phone asked me for a pin code to unlock my sim card network. I have been unable to reach Public mobile for an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Celine

That's a problem for Freedom to sort out for you. It's their SIM.

Now...if it's that your phone was somehow locked (which maybe it was if you might have come from Telus) then you would need to talk to Telus. It's free.

I know. All these different "locked" things running around. But you said the keyword "SIM".

Need Help? Let's chat.