cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a phone with Wind Mobile to use with Public Mobile

dimitri194
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I'm very interested in switching to Public Mobile, but I have a phone that is locked to Wind Mobile. 

I'm wondering if anyone has gone through the process of unlocking it through Wind?

On their website, their policy states if you unlock through them, you must stay with them for a minimum of 3 months. Has anyone unlocked their phone and ported over to Public Mobile in less time?

Were there any complications? 

Thanks, 

Dimitri

4 REPLIES 4

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Search out Canada GSM and cellunlocker.net online for good unlocking services. I've unlocked phones with both of them with no complications. Otherwise it is usually standard if you've financed a phone through a company that they won't unlock a device until it's been 90 days.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You also want to make sure that your phone is compatible with the PM network (ie. Telus)

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was with Wind and there is no way to circumvent that wait time, if you really want to unlock it with Wind. However, I just went and unlocked it using a third-party service online, and that saved me a lot of time (and money actually!)

Once unlocked, the porting process took me around 30 minutes tops. 

Switching from Wind to Public Mobile will be the greatest decision you make! It's cheaper for what you get, and you actually get reception! Hope to see you part of Public soon!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What phone do you have?  If an iphone you are likley at the mercy of wind.  if android you can find some unlocking services on ebay or doing a google search for "unlock phone model canada"

Need Help? Let's chat.