cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock number

Sunyland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am changing service providers. I need public mobile to unlock my number. How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3

Jukebox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

- Public Mobile's SIM default PIN is supposed to be 1234.

- Entering too many times a wrong PIN will block the SIM

- You then need the PUK, provided by Public Mobile's moderator, to unlock your SIM.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@hairbag1 unless the company you're transferring to is Koodo or Telus then you are able to port a suspended number to them.

Otherwise do as @hairbag1 suggests.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sunyland wrote:

i am changing service providers. I need public mobile to unlock my number. How do I do that?

You'd have to keep your Public Mobile account ACTIVE and have the new provider port it over to them.

If your PM account has suspended, you can reactivate it with the cheapest plan ($15) to get it ACTIVE again.

Need Help? Let's chat.