cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown calls to 778-581-4001

gigapus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just happened to be looking at my usage history when I noticed that since Jan 18 there is an outgoing call once a day to 778-581-4001.  The calls happen between about 3am and noon, and last 12-14 seconds.  I believe that this is the voicemail number, but I have certainly not called it.  FWIW, my last bill was on Jan 15.  Does anyone know what could be happening here?

9 REPLIES 9

And obviously the phone rings for all other incoming calls? Might try the good old reboot.

AE_Collector

@gigapus 

Ok curious to know if disabling LTE helps to know if missed incoming calls is affecting people elsewhere as well.

gigapus

No, I am in BC. 

@gigapus  Are you in the Kitchener-Waterloo area by chance? Theres many reports of uses not receiving incoming calls in that area if their phone has LTE enabled - try forcing your phone to 3G only mode (HSPA/WCDMA) and see if incoming calls come through.

Also, here is a list of all Public Mobile (and Telus Mobility+Koodo) voicemail access numbers across Canada for reference:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

gigapus

No, do not disturb is never on (just double-checked). In have family in many timezones, it's the calls in the night that I don't want to miss!

@gigapus 

Phone isn't set to go into “do not disturb” mode overnight?

AE_Collector

gigapus

Thanks.  I have my phone with me all the time and it has not rung once, with no record of missed calls, and no messages on voicemail. So I am still a bit confused.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is someone calling you and getting your voicemail. I know it's unusual that it's showing as an outgoing call but it's the call being received by your phone and being forwarded to public mobile voice message system.

If you're on a limited outgoing minute plan, no worries - those 'calls' do not count as outgoing calls against usage. 

@gigapus wrote:

I just happened to be looking at my usage history when I noticed that since Jan 18 there is an outgoing call once a day to 778-581-4001.  The calls happen between about 3am and noon, and last 12-14 seconds.  I believe that this is the voicemail number, but I have certainly not called it.  FWIW, my last bill was on Jan 15.  Does anyone know what could be happening here?

They're not really outgoing calls. Public Mobile displays the usage in this manner, but these calls are really from someone being sent to your voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.