cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwellmed at the non service I am getting

davidw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up ported my number over and the port has yet to take place even though they have taken payment and started my billing cycle it has. Sent a day without a response from the moderator team or anyone does anyone know who I would appeal to to either get this done or get a flipping refund cause it's stupid that they are billing. Me for services I don't have 

13 REPLIES 13

davidw

This is a discussion forum how would you recommend I message them in order to get a response I messaged the mod team 3 times and have included the new information and have yet to receive any response whatsoever

@davidw

Since now you got the correct information, now you would need to update your message to your Moderator. I think putting the relevant information in the Subject line helps.

If you feel you are not being deal with appropriately I would suggest escalate to CCTS.

davidw

I have now called and found out my account number and sent it in,since  the moderator team is so busy they can't respond if anyone out there knows anyone who can actually help me and or tell me what's going on not just ideas can you have them message me or text or even call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx I want this dealt with or anyone capable of givjng me a. Refund please contact me cause I don't like being utterly ignored 

phone number removed by computergeek541

davidw

It would have been ideal to be informed of this and as well within 24 hrs anyone at all to actually get back to me I messaged the mod team and specific moderaters that were online and nothing that is stupid

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting from Virgin to Bell or from koodo to PM was done quickly.

Most of the 'time' was on waiting. Either for the office hours to open, calling, waiting for operator to answer, PM to respond, me to see the response, reply.. Etc. I honestly don't like calling bell because you have to wait on hold. I did prefer waiting for a moderator, it is more of a passive waiting. 

I do imagine Chatr to PM to take longer. 

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

All my port experiences tells me it is normally done under 48 hours. Fastest was the next day... 

Rogers to koodo

Virgin to bell

Koodo to PM

But they always take my money first. You cant get around that. lol

And I can continue using the old service until the port is done.

Maybe bell took the longuest because I started the process on a Friday and starting charging me on that day, then phone was shipped on Friday but there is no shipping on weekends. So it arrived on Monday afternoon. Then I had to start the port process but Bell offices is already closed. So I had to call next day and wait more hours for the port. Lesson learnt: don't start things on Friday.

I certainly see your frustration, but I ported my family here a month or so ago and we have already saved $85 plus the $10 per account we were credited for being referred and the dollar a month we earned for referring each other for a total of $119, not to mention my community rewards. 

If this isn't worth 48 hours of pain, which I agree currently is the case, you should consider switching back for sure. If it is, relax, it's just time, which contrary to popular belief, is not worth money. I'm having a ball (listening to GNR) while typing this unpaid message to you.

Ask for a partial refund if you like (my son got $4 for his 48 hour wait), but don't pay more for 30 days because you have to wait 2 days to get service in a company that could save you $30, extrapulated of course. It may be the Rum talking, but it's clear to me. You are in the short term pain... for the long term gain.

Since my family signed up on June 6-26, we haven't had any issues (no promises) since. Thankfully, we signed up before the site issues were in full swing, but it's still worth it in the end.

If you're not convinced to be patient, remember this, if you ported your number 48 hours ago, and want to keep it... it may be necessary to stay put for 30 days as I'm not sure you can port in and out in the same 30 day period.

That being said, why are the issues so glaring right now? Is it due to an influx of PM customers, or server problems?

In closing, I probably should stay away from the community when I'm sailing with the Captain!

@Psygineer wrote:

@davidw wrote:
Chatr and I provided phone number my IMEI and my pin number when activating

That's different. Usually it asks for your account number for a port although Speakout does use IMEI so I guess Chatr might be doing that too now. They used to have account numbers though. For my parents it took 3 business days for the port to clear due to Rogers not wanting to release it without a buy back offer. I wonder if something similar is occuring, or if it is because you used your IMEI instead of your account number (if they still have those) and the system stalled.

You messaged the moderators already, so not much you can do but wait another day or two for them to respond. They tend to take a few days. Your old SIM should still be working until the port finishes.

ChatR does have account numbers (which are the best piece of information to assure a successful port) - but you have to call them to get it.

Whereas SpeakOut uses the phone number as account identifier (= different from an actual acccount number).

Bell is another provider which has been known to freeze a port until they had a chance to talk to the departing customer.

@Psygineer wrote:

@davidw wrote:

That's different. Usually it asks for your account number for a port although Speakout does use IMEI so I guess Chatr might be doing that too now. They used to have account numbers though. For my parents it took 3 business days for the port to clear due to Rogers not wanting to release it without a buy back offer. I wonder if something similar is occuring, or if it is because you used your IMEI instead of your account number (if they still have those) and the system stalled.

You messaged the moderators already, so not much you can do but wait another day or two for them to respond. They tend to take a few days. Your old SIM should still be working until the port finishes.

@Psygineer My understanding was that Chatr also uses account numbers maybe that is the reason for the delay. @davidw Just continue to use your old sim until it stops working. Once that happens the port is complete and you can start using your PM sim card. Maybe also a good idea to get your account number from chatr and send the moderator team a follow-up message with that info.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@davidw wrote:

You need to call Chatr to get the account number as Chatr online does not give you your account number.  You need your Chatr account number, phone number and the name on your Chatr account to port over to PM.

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@davidw wrote:

davidw

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@davidw wrote:

I signed up ported my number over and the port has yet to take place even though they have taken payment and started my billing cycle it has. Sent a day without a response from the moderator team or anyone does anyone know who I would appeal to to either get this done or get a flipping refund cause it's stupid that they are billing. Me for services I don't have 

@davidw Who was your previous provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.