cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking A number that is trying to send me texts

shuguang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bank is trying to send me texts with a verification code but is being blocked by Public Mobile. My bank has told me that Public Mobile considers this 1-888-...-.... number is a spam and that I have to have Public Mobile unblock this number. Does someone have a solution to this. I require this for conductiing my business transactions

9 REPLIES 9

@shuguang if you've already created a ticket just wait for a response from moderators

while you're waiting try 

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • login to your self serve and enable/disable lost/stolen mode(resets the sim network)
  • reset your network settings
  • go to your text app settings and delete the cache 
  • restart

shuguang

I have been receiving texts from this number for years using other cell phone service providers and this only started today after switching to Public Mobile yesterdaySame phone I have been using for the last 3 years

@shuguang Strange. 

Do follow @gblackma steps to put in a ticket with the Moderators about this.

Please let us know what the result is, if you do not mind.

Thanks

shuguang

Further more I have been receiving texts from this number for years using other cell phone service providers and this only started to day after switching to Public Mobile yesterday 

shuguang

My phone is wide open  and no numbers are blocked in my phone. My bank says their test showed that Public Mobile is blocking the texts

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shuguang wrote:

My bank is trying to send me texts with a verification code but is being blocked by Public Mobile. My bank has told me that Public Mobile considers this 1-888-...-.... number is a spam and that I have to have Public Mobile unblock this number. Does someone have a solution to this. I require this for conductiing my business transactions

Hi @shuguang ,

If you are an Android user check under:

-Settings

-Call

-Call Blocking & Decline with message

-Private numbers (is this ON or OFF)?

Do you see any other settings on your phone about blocking numbers?

If there are setting to block numbers it is probably there to block numbers that are considered SPAM or "Not Trusted" numbers.

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usually this problems are by Bank system trying to throw off phone numbers which have not acted on the sent text within number of minutes given first time, and usually gets back in order after three to five days./ That's their way to avoid security issues. So, its possible that actually it is working, It's not on public mobile side but mainly on bank side. be patient and see if its taken care by itself.

If you accept this as solution, please mark so..

Thanks.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shuguang Does your area code happen to be 672.

There was a post here a little while back where the it said some newer area codes are not able to receive verification codes yet. I do not know if that is still the case.

The suggestion was to change the phone number to a new one if not too attached to the existing one. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shuguang contact the moderators, explain your situation and ask them about the number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

Need Help? Let's chat.