cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch streams on twitch app

wtran88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Started happening a week ago. Im unable to watch stream on the twitch app. It just has a black screen. Been doing a little bit of reading and im convinced it has to do with public mobile.

To be clear when i connect to wifi, it works. It does not work when im receiving data via public mobile network.

Is it being blocked?
10 REPLIES 10

iAMGrumpy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Was this ever solved?

I've been with public mobile since September and twitch has always worked. I was just watching a stream and got a popup from my OS saying that I've used a certain amount of data this month.

After dismissing the popup, twitch no longer loads any streams while using PM data. I haven't gotten a chance to try yet with wifi.

para
I am also having a problem watching twitch while on mobile data.

This what I have noticed:
Twitch works while on wifi.
Twitch works if you start watching a stream while on wifi then switching to mobile data.
Twitch does NOT work work when starting the app and trying to watch a stream. It sucks cause I want to listen to audio of a stream to save data but cant.

@wtran88 Check your account to confirm you have any data left. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I installed the twitch app from Google play and it worked on public mobile 3g and LTE without any problem. So as some other suggested I believe something wrong with the app itself and nothing to do with the public mobile end.
So try to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If all else fails after the above suggestions, try reinstalling the app.

In addition to what @will13am has suggested, check your operating system to see if your app is allowed to use mobile data (foreground and background). Maybe it has been disabled by mistake.

If you have access to another phone, try moving your SIM and trying it on the other phone on LTE.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is mobile data working for all apps other than twitch?  Could it be due to an app setting that is blocking it when on mobile data?  Check the settings within the twitch app as well as mobile data settings on the system to make sure everything is in order.  

@wtran88 wrote:
@NDesai were you sure you were disconnected from wifi?

Yes, first i tried it with wifi and then turning wifi off and LTE on. It worked fine with both. 

wtran88
@NDesai were you sure you were disconnected from wifi?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@wtran88 I just installed Twitch app to test and videos are working just fine so its not Public Mobile issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.