cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to verify credit card

Gurpy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Helloo, I've been trying to set up automatic payments for the last week or so and it keeps saying they're unable to verify my card (virtual Visa debit). I've called my bank and everything's good there and my information is definitely correct as I purchased something else online with the same card almost immediately after Public Mobile couldn't do it so I'm at a loss, my payments due soon and I would really like those perks haha. My plan is the 30 day $25 unlimited Canada talk/international text with 500gbs(mbs?) data+500 on automatic renewal. 

Thankyou!

10 REPLIES 10

Gurpy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've sent a message to the mods so hopefully they can offer some more advice!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've even seen an entire set of new townhouses have the large metal number attached to the brick wall beside the front door with this reversed (examples:  555-1, 552-2, etc.). 

@computergeek541 sounds like an Ontario issue.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Gurpy make sure you enter everything exactly as it appears on your credit card statement, including capitalization, punctuation, spacing, etc.  Also, if you live in a home with a unit/apparentment number, you may need to leave that field BLANK on and enter your unit number with the rest of the address.  

For example, I live in unit 123 at 555 Fake Street, but my credit card statement says:

123-555 FAKE ST.

SOMEWHERE, BC

H0H 0H0

Make sure you enter 123-555 FAKE ST. as your address and leave the appartment number box empty.

Many people do not understand that in 123-555 FAKE ST. that the unit number is 123 and that the 555 is the steet number.  People often get these reversed.  I've even seen an entire set of new townhouses have the large metal number attached to the brick wall beside the front door with this reversed (examples:  555-1, 552-2, etc.).  If I bought one of those townhouses, I would consider that a builder defect.  The point here in this type of addressing format, the unit number is always first.

@ChuckYeah Hi it's a finicky system as you know, a couple of months ago people where having errors with Master Cards so you never knowSmiley Happy

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Everytime someone posts this its a visa or visa debit. There must be something wrong there. If the activation site is still slow, I think it's a time out issue between pm and visa. If you have a MC, try that. That's what I did.

@hairbag1 yea everyone knows thats where Santa lives Smiley LOL

Leave out the space in postal code also...

Like this...H0H0H0  

No like this... H0H 0H0

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gurpy make sure you enter everything exactly as it appears on your credit card statement, including capitalization, punctuation, spacing, etc.  Also, if you live in a home with a unit/apparentment number, you may need to leave that field BLANK on and enter your unit number with the rest of the address.  

For example, I live in unit 123 at 555 Fake Street, but my credit card statement says:

123-555 FAKE ST.

SOMEWHERE, BC

H0H 0H0

Make sure you enter 123-555 FAKE ST. as your address and leave the appartment number box empty.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Gurpy  in the meantime you can purchase a voucher and dial *611 to pay if need be

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Send a message to the moderators and they can get your cc sorted out.Click this to message them

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.