cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use my international calling while in Mexico

Mothertucker60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been in Mexico for 5 days and unable to make or receive calls.  I purchased the 300 minute international calling add on

8 REPLIES 8

@Emilymisener1 wrote:

Try inquiring to public mobile . If your they're for a short time they might be able to give you a deal /top up on your plan just well your in Mexico, rather then permanently   .

Sorry @Emilymisener1 , there is no roaming service for PM in Mexico.  They cannot give you any deal.  

or if you meant the plan that OP now has that he/she is not using as OP is now in Mexico?  If OP is there long, he/she can manually suspend the service for a maximum of 90 days or account will be closed

Emilymisener1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try inquiring to public mobile . If your they're for a short time they might be able to give you a deal /top up on your plan just well your in Mexico, rather then permanently   .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mothertucker60 

you purchased wrong Add-on and that is will working from canada call to Mexico, is not working from Mexico to canada,
at public mobile only offer for US Roaming 10 day packages,

you can try contact to CSA...by CS_Agentto them can remove it,
or you can keep it and is no expriey for Add-on until you use them,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers roaming in the US.  You could either purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow or Skype.

See if you can get OXXO or Telcel from local kiosk for prepaid SIM

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Mothertucker60 wrote:

I have been in Mexico for 5 days and unable to make or receive calls.  I purchased the 300 minute international calling add on

@Mothertucker60 

The 300 minute international calling add on only works for calling from Canada.

You'll need a local plan as suggested above.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mothertucker60   International calling is for you to call other counties when you are in Canada.  What you need is Roaming BUT PM does not offer roaming service other than USA.

What you need is some local prepaid SIM for data access

If you just need to call back Canada, from where you got Wifi, download TextNow and you can call home free

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mothertucker60...you won't be able to call anywhere once you leave Canada. You'd need to go to OXXO and get a sim and a short term plan...approx $15 CDN.

https://www-telcel-com.translate.goog/personas/telefonia/amigo/paquetes-end/paquetes-amigo-sin-limit...

edit...those prices are Mx peso's...not dollars.

Need Help? Let's chat.