cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive short code SMS from bank in hong kong

MattDom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get text messages from Hong Kong with no problem. But I cannot get the verification code from Bank in Hong Kong. It works before I joined PM. Same phone but PM as provider.

12 REPLIES 12

hoks1918

I got the same problem, how to solve it?

@MattDom 

Any luck with texting HELP?

MattDom

I have no problem receiving the verification code from my bank in HK before I joint PM (not that  long ago). Bank said that there was nothing changed on their side. I can continue to get SMS from friends in HK but not from my bank. Same number and same phone but new provider, PM.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MattDom wrote:

I get text messages from Hong Kong with no problem. But I cannot get the verification code from Bank in Hong Kong. It works before I joined PM. Same phone but PM as provider.

I think OP means while s/he is in Canada, s/he can received text messages from friends in HK and bank in HK with the previous provider.  After switching to PM, s.he can only get text messages from friends only.  

@MattDom 

Correct me if I am wrong.

Ask your HK friends about the phone number including the international exit code to send text message to you.  Update you bank account suing the same string of number used by your friend if you can still login to your bank account in HK.

@MattDom 

Try texting HELP to the short code you're trying to recieve it from. If you get a response it should work.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MattDom I don't think the short code will work 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

you can contact customer support mods to look into it further

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MattDom wrote:

Because PM only works while in Canada or using roaming add-ons only in the US.

@Anonymous I read the post bu @MattDom as meaning he is here and can't seem to receive SMS from bank in Hong Kong. Maybe he can clarify.....

Yes ok I could see that. Let's see what he comes back with. Thanks

@MattDom wrote:

Are you also currently in Hong Kong?

@Anonymous wrote:

@MattDom wrote:

@Anonymous I read the post by @MattDom as meaning he is here and can't seem to receive SMS from bank in Hong Kong. Maybe he can clarify.....

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It could be a short term issue if you're in Canada. I would try turning off your phone, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on.

If your overseas, then it wont work. PM doesn’t allow calling over WIFI either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattDom wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.