cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive or place calls

rpdg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Inbound calls go to voice mail. I am unable to call out. I get a message stating sorry this call cannot not be made as you do not have an active Long Distance Add-on. To get the add-on call *611. I tried to restart the phone and also remove and reinsert the SIM card.

Could someone assist please?

13 REPLIES 13

rpdg

Resettting the network did the trick!! Many thanks!! Selecting auto didn't work as it could not find any networks. But selecting manual provided Public Mobile as a selection which worked.. Thanks again!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma why would a network reset help in this case?  The pm system is saying calls don't go through?  Wouldn't the lost stolen trick maybe help more and if that doesn't work then moderators?

@rpdg 

If possible, you can try your SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware set up issue, versus PM service problem.  

Did you try the network reset? Reboot phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

rpdg

No changes to phone or plan since original setup in January. Data and text working Ok. Just cellular calls in and out are a problem. I have unlimited Canada wide calling and text plan with data. Samsung S4. Plan is active.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rpdg You can also try the following. I believe this is for your phone:

1. From your home screen, swipe down from the top of your screen to open the Notification panel.
  2. Touch the Settings icon.
  3. Swipe to and touch General management.
  4. Touch Reset.
  5. Touch Reset network settings.
  6. Touch RESET SETTINGS.
  7. Again, touch RESET SETTINGS to confirm your decision. Once you touch RESET SETTINGS, this action can't be undone.

8. Your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other network settings will be reset, back to factory defaults

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rpdg wrote:

Yes the service worked fine until this morning and then the fun started. How do do a network reset? Samsung S4 phone. Unlimited Canada wide calling plan.

@rpdg 

• From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Connections tab > More networks > Mobile networks.
  • Tap Network operators.
  • Tap Default setup.
  • Tap Manual to locate and connect to a network manually, or tap Automatic to allow the device to automatically select a network.

rpdg

Yes the service worked fine until this morning and then the fun started. How do do a network reset? Samsung S4 phone. Unlimited Canada wide calling plan.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rpdg

• login to your self serve and see if you have any remaining minutes 
  • enable/disable lost/stolen mode
  • make sure "do no disturb" is disabled
  • enable/disable airplane mode

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I see that you registered here in January, has your service worked properly until now @rpdg ? Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. If this doesn't work, what's the make and 

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think P.M. to moderator will be your best bet. Go through help follow through with SIMON, the chatbot. and be as specific as you can. The mods will get you on your way fastest.

If you like my answer as solution please accept as solution.

Thank you.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rpdg hello what plan are you on? what type of phone do you have?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

More details please.

Did you port a number over from another provider?

If yes from what company?

What is make and model of your phone?

Does text and data work?

What plan do you have?

Did you check your self serve account to see that status of it? Active? Suspended?

Need Help? Let's chat.