cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Calls and Texts

Michelle_111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile please address why a lot of people can't receive phone calls and texts. Many have left messages on these forums as well as support chats and still no response.

We are currently unable to submit a support ticket as its showing an error. This is day three. Not impressed. We will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if we get no response.

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MikaDiesel2021 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@MikaDiesel2021   Did you try the change network to 3G only trick? 

how about the ticket to put your SIM to another phone, it should work on another phone.  Then move the SIM back to the original phone.

Both methods should resolve your issue.

@MikaDiesel2021 

@MikaDiesel2021 wrote:

I still can’t receive calls and text how can I get a new SIM card maybe that’s the problem 

Know issue for the last few days.  Getting a new SIM card will unlikely solve the issue.  Try to manually select the 3G network on your phone.  Or put the SIM card in another working phone.  We will need to wait for PM response.  

MikaDiesel2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still can’t receive calls and text how can I get a new SIM card maybe that’s the problem 

@SoG  glad it works.  Yes, 3G might not be the best, but it's better than no incoming calls or texts

SoG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched to 3G and restarted phone...seems to be working for now!! 🤞🤞

Thank-you!

@SoG wrote:

Same problem here since yesterday (Sept 10th)...so annoying and really problematic! 

Hoping to find a solution soon!

Tried updating, reinstalling app, shutting down phone, nothing works. I'm assuming this a problem with PM or their cell providers (Telus i think)? I'm in Ottawa Ontario...not sure if the problem is everywhere?

@SoG , but did you try   changing the network  to 3G Only?   or try a second phone to see if it works?  Apparently these 2 workarounds could solve the issue 

SoG

Same problem here since yesterday (Sept 10th)...so annoying and really problematic! 

Hoping to find a solution soon!

Tried updating, reinstalling app, shutting down phone, nothing works. I'm assuming this a problem with PM or their cell providers (Telus i think)? I'm in Ottawa Ontario...not sure if the problem is everywhere?

Look like is a similar issue with many experiencing

did you try to  change to 3G Only?   or try a second phone to see if it works?  Apparently these 2 workarounds could solve the issue 

frosty34

Add my voice to the cacophony of users having problems.  For me it is only receiving SMS or MMS texts.  I can send them but they go very slowly, they eventually get sent.  But nothing arrives.  Occasionally, I'll get a burst of texts all at once, most are 6-12 hours old.  This isn't impacting phone calls, nor is it impacting iMessage.

@og2 wrote:

I believe most customers experiencing this issue are customers that do not restart their phones regularly. 

you meant the issue with Unable to receiving incoming calls and texts?  But many reported that they did reboot the phone and  rebooting didn't resolve the issue.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe most customers experiencing this issue are customers that do not restart their phones regularly. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle_111 

Be sure to include the info below to verify your account to be able to cut down on your wait time for a CSA to reply....currently about 4 hours at last report by a user.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle_111 wrote:

Public Mobile please address why a lot of people can't receive phone calls and texts. Many have left messages on these forums as well as support chats and still no response.

We are currently unable to submit a support ticket as its showing an error. This is day three. Not impressed. We will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if we get no response.

@Michelle_111 

Did you try using the private message method to CSA, here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle_111 wrote:

We are currently unable to submit a support ticket as its showing an error. 

You can try incognito mode to see if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.