cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make call (calling outage issue?)

baluyot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just noticed yesterday that I can't make any outgoing phone calls. Is the calling outage issue reported on Monday November 6 still not fixed? @Jeremy_M please can you or one of the other mods have a look at my issue.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tomato2017, have you heard from the @CS_Agent yet? Hopefully your issue has been resolved. Please keep us posted.

Ronchi4u
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem 2 days ago. I contacted the moderators and they had it fixed that day. 

tomato2017

Yes i have rebooted my phone many times. My issue is having intermittent network connection. Sometimes i have connection, but most of the time I don't, so I can't make or receive calls and have no data. I didn't have this issue until two days ago.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tomato2017 have you try to reboot your phone ?

tomato2017

No they haven't resolved it yet. 

Michael77

@tomato2017,

Did the mods resolve your issue?

tomato2017

Same here. I have only intermittent network connection since Friday, but it's mostly not working (unable to make and receive calls, no data). I sent a PM already. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

PS. I have no trouble with the public mobile nextwork for the past month (i.e., since I joined) until yesterday.

Ronchi4u

It shouldn't be out of range. I'm just at home where it has always worked. 

arshad464

Some time out off range, 

Ronchi4u

I'm having the same problem. I've been on pm for a month and today my phone has no network. I've rebooted it several times and still it says no sim.. Contacted mod, but still no reply. 

baluyot

I followed @spaceman advise and restarted my phone. Looks like voice calls are working now. Thanks everyone for their input and advise.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @baluyot,

thank you for bringing this to our attention!

To reassure you, the outage has been resolved as of 10:30 am EDT on Monday. If you have been facing issues using your services or making phone calls, please don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our mods by sending us a private message. We will be more than happy to look into it for you 🙂

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The issue has been fixed.  A post was made momentarily to explain the outage.  It was taken down very quickly which is bad.  I suppose the folks are embarrassed about the outage and feel that is it more important to protect reputation than to inform customers. 

spaceman

you're not the only one. I experienced it as well. It kept saying I can't make longdistance calls, where I was only trying to make a call to a 416 number. Weird.

I just re-started the phone and it let me complete the call.

youbme

Hello @baluyot,

Currently there isn't any outage that I'm aware of, I haven't had any issues making or receiving calls. Did you recently join PM and port your phone number from another carrier? It is possible that your port did not complete.

Just to make sure it is not a hardware issue, additional info would help. Have you ever been able to make calls with your phone? Do texting and data work OK? Do you have access to your voicemail?

If you believe it is not your phone, then I would send a private message to the moderator teamSo they can look into your account and resolve the issue. More info about moderators is available here.

Need Help? Let's chat.