cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to disable voice mail

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I've searched the forum, tried to call PM in regards to it, and was unsuccessful in reaching a live person (very annnoying).

my sister in law wants to disable voice mail on her moto G4, she has no use for it as she spends most of her time on the phone with anyone who'd leave her a message to begin with, and finds it "annoying" 

to clear the messages.  Specially when it's dead air.  (She gets a lot of them).

anyways, found the instructions here, but even with a clean restart we get an error..

Can anyone offer a solution?

IMG_2500.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jor123 wrote:

Didn't know this was an option. Thanks! 

@jor123the steps are here if you need them:  Workaround for diabling Voicemail

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Saray_O wrote:

Hi @thomask!

You could try going into your voicemail and selecting "Manage you greetings", then you can activate Extended Absence Greeting option. This will display a message like “Thank you for calling, goodbye” and won't allow callers to leave messages. 

Let us know if that works 🙂 

Didn't know this was an option. Thanks! 

Penholder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You also need to Turn On your extended absence when prompted . Hope this works.

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lol, she was frustrated when she realized this was the only way.

she was just gonna make it dead air as her message but I think I convinced her of how bad an idea that might be...

regardless at at least she won't get voice mail now.

thanks!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @thomask!

You could try going into your voicemail and selecting "Manage you greetings", then you can activate Extended Absence Greeting option. This will display a message like “Thank you for calling, goodbye” and won't allow callers to leave messages. 

Let us know if that works 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Where do you find the steps to disable it on the phone that works?

I doubt every phone is supported.

Need Help? Let's chat.