cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Text Australia

susanjm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm pretty new to Public Mobile - activated my SIM a week ago yesterday on the $15 Province-wide plan. Everything was working fine - number ported from Telus immediately and I was able to send and receive phone calls and texts within Canada.

On Saturday I decided to test international texting. Sent two messages to my sister in Australia mentioning that it was a test. She replied a while later, we had a bit of a back and forth and then signed off. I subsequently sent her a text on Sunday and and another one on Monday. Turns out she got neither of them and hasn't received any since. I have tried to text her husband as well - but that didn't go through either!

I don't understand why it worked for a while but not afterwards and I'm not sure what to do! This plan is supposed to have unlimited texting. Help! 

37 REPLIES 37

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@susanjm :Strange that it would work then all of sudden stop working...so something is different from when your texts worked and when it stopped working, hopefully we can figure out what caused it to do working before Moderator reply you back.

Have you tried the other suggestions posted here like rest phone etc?

I think first step to eliminate possible causes is too turn off wifi and make sure local texting works by trying to text local phones then also try Australia without wifi too.

susanjm

_@NDesai They are definitely going out as SMS (figured that one out when I wasn't receiving texts from husband in my car!). I can text locally no problem been using that all week. Thanks for the tip about airplane mode. I've done it but it might take a while to find out if it worked or not - it's early Sunday morning there 😁 

I will definitely report back. Thanks!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to use 011+61+area code+ phone number.

• check your signal level
  • send a text to your own number to see if texting works at all
  • restart your phone
  • turn off your WIFI
  • some texting or calling apps on your smartphone may conflict with regular texting so try to identify a possible culprit

susanjm

.@villellamcmeans I have a Google Pixel 4XL and I was on WiFi. But the messages are definitely going out as SMSes.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@susanjm Are you sending SMS texts? If you are using iPhone, make sure messages are not going through iMessage or RCS messages on Android. Are you able to text locally? Try turning Airplane mode off/on.

TheGx

@susanjm :While you waiting for Moderator to reply you, can you tell us what phone you have and if you were connected to WiFi or not during your attempts to test Australia?

TheGx

@susanjm :You should contact the Moderator Team by clicking the white bubble in bottom right or click envelope button in top right.

Need Help? Let's chat.