cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Make Outgoing Local Calls

jun3280
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

This is more of a paper trail for future Public Mobile users who encounter this problem.  

2 Weeks ago, I had issues with the activation/port process.  This was subsequently resolved by @Mary_M the following day.  Everything had been working perfectly.

Yesterday, for some reason, outgoing local calls were no longer working - and being identified as long distance.  

One thing of note, which may be a contributing factor - is that I had received a self Self Serve Account reset from Aissata from the Email Customer Support - to address the activation issue from 2 weeks ago.  It's a bit disconcerting the customer support is not addressing matters in a more timely manner.  In fact - as others have noted, resolution can be found much quicker through the Public Mobile Community.  It would seems Public Mobile would be better served to remove the Email Customer Support and have additional help in the forums.  A live chat option would be great.

I've engaged @Mary_M and @Shazia_K - as is the typical process to hopefully have this item resolved.

Cheers,

J

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vijugeor did you mean to post to this thread it's from 2016.

@vijugeor wrote:

Go to self service, put your phone as lost and then a few minutes later update as resume service. 

This issue was asked about nearly 2.5 years ago.  I'm sure that the service has started working properly for this person since then.

vijugeor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to self service, put your phone as lost and then a few minutes later update as resume service. 

jun3280

I'm sorry - I don't login to the forum frequently enough to handle questions - unless they are happening to me.  That said - @Mary_M was super responsive, and addressed the issue for me by putting an addon pack as a bandaid solution until the problem was resolved.  

Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long.  

That said - as long as there is wifi / LTE, you should be able to make outgoing calls tied to your phone number using Google Hangouts Dialer.  This is a fantastic app - which facilitates north america wide calling for free.

My wife has had to use this app on a few occassions in dealing with system glitches with Public.

Cheers,

cbritton

@Mary_M and @Shazia_K: Is there still a 2 week turnaround to resolve this type of issue? My email support request (#6637-3400) has been unanswered since 3 days...

cbritton
Hi @jun3280

I'm having the same issue after porting my Petro-Canada/Rogers number to Public Mobile; no local outbound calls.

Was Public Mobile able to resolve the issue? Their email support still hasn't answered and it's been 3 days... Over a week and a half since I activated my SIM card. 😞

The mods appear to be unable to assist me.

jun3280

Just an update.  @Mary_M worked her magic in the background and provided a workable solution in the interim.  She indicated it is known system glitch - that takes roughly 2 weeks to resolve.  I'll follow up, once I've been informed the fix is in.

Cheers,

J

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I fully agree, that email support is not ideal, and should be scrapped.

If they made the Community more robust, and streamlined things more efficiently, and added a live chat, then perhaps this can lead to a much more robust and faster PM CS that maybe what the doctah ordered

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jun3280!

I agree, we seem to get much better and responsive customer service from our awesome mods in the community.  

It must be annoying to have the problem recur when Mary already took care of it.  

As you have already tagged the moderators, I wish you a speedy resolution.  

You make a useful suggestion about expanding the customer service via this community forum.  PM is listening to our feedback and we are assured more help is on the way in the community as well as on the email side of support.  

Need Help? Let's chat.