cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming is not working

fireboltt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm currently in the US. I have purchased the US 10 days unlimited talk roaming add-on, but it's not working on my side. I can't make phone calls and other people find my phone unavailable when calling my number.

my transaction history shows the payment of $ 8 on the 4th of January.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

fireboltt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone,

I have checked all the steps you have mentioned.

I have completed both steps (payment step then the add-on purchase step) and I have the Us talk roaming service in my add-on preview

fireboltt_0-1609894528607.png

However, I can't send or receive calls. I think I'll try to  contact one of the mods,

Thank you

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fireboltt wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently in the US. I have purchased the US 10 days unlimited talk roaming add-on, but it's not working on my side. I can't make phone calls and other people find my phone unavailable when calling my number.

my transaction history shows the payment of $ 8 on the 4th of January.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Check your account to determine the US roaming add-on was added and is showing on your overview page after login. 

If not, you may have added fund to your account and have not purchased the roaming add-on yet.  Follows the instructions from previous posts on this thread to purchase the add-on. 

Make sure to restart your phone after arriving your US destination.  Your phone will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @fireboltt ,

Addons are a 2 step process:

1-add funds

2-add the addon to your account. REBOOT your phone.

There have been other people reporting roaming addon issues, not sure if you are experiencing the same issue.

Contact mods to confirm if 2 step above, does not solve anything:

Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
OR
Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fireboltt...log into your account. Is your $8 payment sitting in Available Funds ? Now you need to go back and actually buy the add-on you want.

edit; once you've confirmed that you have the add-on, you may need to manually select either AT&T or T-mobile network...whichever one works best.

Need Help? Let's chat.