cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE! SIM swap scam and someone else is using my phone number!

bellinabambina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been in contact via PM with a "Moderator" (named Lorena) but i'm even questioning the legitimacy of that.  I've been asked very personal account information, and now that I've been hacked, I am so paranoid to give it out, so forgive me.

Last night, I thought someone ported my number without my knowledge.  I woke up to my phone saying "Not Registered on Network", however, there was $75 worth of top up charges on this account and my phone has been used since 3am.  Those calls and texts were not made by me.

Has this ever happened to anyone?  Can I get a PM from a moderator who can verify their legitimacy so that we can fix this together?  I also had my credit card used among other things.  This is consuming me today.

2 REPLIES 2

@bellinabambina can you log into your self service account.  If you can they probably SIM jacked you. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

20200504_182846.jpg

It seems that you are already in contact with moderators. They will ask you questions that will prove you are the owner of the account. This is normal. These were the questions that I answered when I contacted them over the weekend. 

In order for me to proceed with the change, I might need you to provide me with the following details, we do this to protect your account, for privacy and security policies: 

• Date of Birth
  • Last four digits of a pre-registered credit card
  • Complete address
  • Last top-up amount and date & time
  • Email address

Ask them to switch the phone service back to the sim that's currently in your phone. Stay safe. 

If the private message is coming from the username Moderator_Team, the message really is coming from someone at Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.