cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNFAIR SUPPORT SYSTEM!

Vonan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About 23 hours ago I messaged the Mods about a system error during my transfer and porting over of my number from Freedom.

Because of the error I cannot log into my Self Serve account and the data, talk and text functions on my PM sim card are spotty at best.

23 hours later the 3 private messages I sent to the mods are still sitting there unread yet I am seeing that other people with similar problems have been helped already even though they only had those problems a few hour ago.

Please show some fairness and deal with the oldest reported problems first! 

13 REPLIES 13

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I doubt that pms are not first come first serve. the issue could be on FMs side, and if PM is awaiting for FM to action something, there is nothing really PM can do

Vonan

@klm wrote:
For what it's worth, I have the exact same problems. I PM'd 11 am yesterday, so about 30 hours ago. The response time is definitely frustrating, but from what I gather they're very overloaded with the promotion right now.

I wouldn't say it's unfair though.

Dear klm... you have waited over 30 hours for a response, I have waited now over 24 hours for a response yet some people that have posted about their problem were contacted and have their problems resolved today just 3 hours after complaining... that is unfair because they are not resolving the older complaints first. 

klm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
For what it's worth, I have the exact same problems. I PM'd 11 am yesterday, so about 30 hours ago. The response time is definitely frustrating, but from what I gather they're very overloaded with the promotion right now.

I wouldn't say it's unfair though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vonan, I don't understand how you have determined that you are unfairly treated?  From what I can tell, they work based on a first come, first serve.  Spamming them with multiple private messages is only a hindrance.  Pretend that you haven't activated the Public Mobile service yet, just continue to "enjoy" the Freedom service for a few more days. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it helps, I have sent several private messages to the mods and each one is still sitting there listed as "unread" but all have been responded to (and even quoted in the responses) so don't put too much faith in that label. 🙂

neatooo
I understand your frustration. I mentioned to contact FM since the mods might be waiting on FM to action something on their end. Not that FM rep will know about it necessarily. but just in case, they know, you would know for sure who is delaying this.

Vonan

@neatooo wrote:
Have you tried contacting FM to see if the issue is on their end? or maybe you can authorize them to release the line.

Thank you for trying to help but the main reason of this post is to point out the seeming unfairness of the support system where some people have issues attended to in a few hours and some of us have to wait days... there is no reason for such unfair treatment of some customers.

neatooo
Have you tried contacting FM to see if the issue is on their end? or maybe you can authorize them to release the line.

Vonan

@neatooo wrote:
Is your FM sim working?

Yes, my FM sim is still working.

So it seems that the system error right at the end of the sign up application with PM is preventing the number from being ported over properly plus preventing me from accessing or resetting my Self Serve account. 

I just wish that my problem from 24 hours ago would be dealt with instead of reading about people having similar problems from 3 hours ago attented to already. 😞

neatooo
Is your FM sim working?

Vonan

@Luddite wrote:

Moderators may have triaged you to the end of the queue as you say your phone is working. 

a) What service issues exactly are you having?

b) What make/model of phone do you have?

c) Have you tried a factory reset? Many Freedoms phones require this to have good data connection.

As far as the account reset is concerned, I suggest you turn on email notification of private messages so you do not miss the deadline for resetting your account.

a) Cannot log into Self Service account no matter what I try.

When someone calls me it goes to my old sim card from Freedom.

No idea if the promo Freedom to PM plan I selected is actually the one that is on my          account.

b) Samsung Glaxy S8+

C) Yes. At least 4 times since yesterday.  

Email notification is turned on but the 3 messages sent to the Moderator Team are still sitting there unread 24 hours later while other peoples problems are being solved in 3 hours.

Errors and slow support are one thing but unfair non queue based support is a lot more frustrating and unfair.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Moderators may have triaged you to the end of the queue as you say your phone is working. 

a) What service issues exactly are you having?

b) What make/model of phone do you have?

c) Have you tried a factory reset? Many Freedoms phones require this to have good data connection.

As far as the account reset is concerned, I suggest you turn on email notification of private messages so you do not miss the deadline for resetting your account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I am sure they use email clients such as Outlook to read private messages. So, if you see it unread, it doesn't mean they didn't read it yet. Currently, there is a backlog and mainly due to users contacting from different places such as web form or social media. They have to go through all those duplicate requests, and so it is not easy to quickly process them all. Just be patient and your turn will come.

Need Help? Let's chat.