cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two people with same phone number

Suzannez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card yesterday. Someone else has the exact same phone number and is getting most of my texts! I need urgent help please as I can’t use the service I’m paying for 

7 REPLIES 7

@SamePhoneNumber  use the private message link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll right back to your forum account (which you are posting on right now) .. they'll write back to your inbox. The envelope top rightish.

SamePhoneNumber

Thanks! I had tried to go through the chat and couldn't get anywhere without a valid public mobile phone number.

@SamePhoneNumber contact moderators

Simon.JPG

You probably should use the private message link below since you don't have an account anymore after porting out. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SamePhoneNumber

I have the same problem. We left Public Mobile in February and ported over our number to the new provider. Now, public mobile has given that same number to someone else. He's getting some of our texts and phone calls. Just talked to him and verified that it's the same number and it was assigned to him by public mobile. How do we get this fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Suzannez wrote:

I activated my SIM card yesterday. Someone else has the exact same phone number and is getting most of my texts! I need urgent help please as I can’t use the service I’m paying for 

I had something similar happen when I signed up a couple years ago. I chose a number from the list. I got calls and texts for one person. I just told them that that person wasn't at this number. It eventually died down. I kept the number. I have no idea what the other guy did.

@Suzannez wrote:

Is this a new phone number that you chose/that was assigned to you at Public Mobile?  If it is, I would not waste any time trying to figure this out and would just go into the self serve account to change the phone number.

If it's a number that you ported in, that's a larger problem, and you should not try to change your phone number, because once you do that, the phone number is gone.

This has long been an issue at Telus that causes a situation in which they accidently assign a phone number that is already in use.  The first person who had the phone number gets to keep it and the second person has no choice but to change it.  In the past, Telus Mobility somehow managed to assign a phone number that I had for years to someone else. The new customer wasn't happy but had to get a new number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Suzannez , you will need moderator team assistance to deal with this matter.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.