cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Facetime for Apple phones

csarling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone else turned off Facetime on their iPhones? Seems there's a bug that allows people to listen in and in some instances, use your camera on your phone without your knowledge.

https://gizmodo.com/disable-facetime-right-now-1832142571

You can disable facetime in your settings.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Be careful here.  There are lots of Apple fanboys and fangirls that think there is such a thing as perfection in software and iOS has a patent on the forumla. 

@will13am You're probably right, I should have put on my flame-proof bodysuit first!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

So much for Apple's privacy-focused message, eh?  In reality, no software system greater than a few dozen lines of code is without bugs.  But Apple makes such a big deal out of saying they protect your privacy, that this is a bit of a blemish for sure.  Minor in the grand scheme of things though.  

Be careful here.  There are lots of Apple fanboys and fangirls that think there is such a thing as perfection in software and iOS has a patent on the forumla. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So much for Apple's privacy-focused message, eh?  In reality, no software system greater than a few dozen lines of code is without bugs.  But Apple makes such a big deal out of saying they protect your privacy, that this is a bit of a blemish for sure.  Minor in the grand scheme of things though.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I haven’t turned Apple FaceTime off my IPhone.  It’s probably recommended but I doubt anyone would care what a random stranger is doing.  The people who would actually contact me are family members and calls would be accepted anyway.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, i have disabled it on my work phone. We tested this among co-workers, but we couldn't get the bug to work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.