cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Voicemail Feature

patriciay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Evening Community!

I am on a ring group at work and I have to prevent my voicemail from picking up the call. I have to totally turn off the voicemail feature. Disabling the ability to leave a message is not good enough. I need my phone not to pickup the call at all, meaning no extended message at all. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Patricia

19 REPLIES 19

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not much of a fan of the forward to a US # trick. It ends with a rapid beep. This would suggest to the caller that there's a problem with the line.

Some testing just now shows that 0000000000 (10 0's) is also accepted by Public Mobile as a conditional forwarding destination, and plays a much more pleasant failure message to the caller, in the voice of their own carrier.

Of course, most of my usage of this was to selectively divert blocked and manually declined calls away from my voicemail, while still allowing the rest to reach voicemail as usual. If the intent is to disable voicemail entirely, it's probably best to use the extended absence greeting method with a custom message, and set to prevent leaving a message...

Joewillier
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don’t know about the welcome mail . I’ll be sure to check , thanks I don’t wanna go through that again. I had no clue this is what the site was for very cool. I got lots to learn lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joewillier : I think that with all your posts today, particularly the rare ones that you have more to say, that it really feels like you would do well to go to a store or a young relative you can trust and have them show you all the ins and outs of your phone.

The other part is your phone service here. That is all in the self-serve which you can get to by clicking on My Account in the upper right of this page.

Lets start with...did you get a welcome email when you activated?

@kselmak Even if PM starts allowing forwarding to USA numbers, 8080000000 will still fail because its an invalid/inactive number.

Joewillier

I am learning more about this network. I never knew how to understand this site until i seen you contacted me . When will I have full access to my number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak : I'm not much of a fan of the forward to a US # trick. It ends with a rapid beep. This would suggest to the caller that there's a problem with the line.

@Joewillier : Normal what? Please do try to be more descriptive.

Joewillier

How long for everything to be finally normal ?

@Joewillier 

We don't really have that option

If you try turning it off in settings you will get the error message. If you try to remove voicemail number the system will fill in with the default voicemail number.

People have just noticed that the system will accept usa number but the forward will fail even if you have ld minutes or usa calling included.

This will give the same result but it is definitely not the same and if tomorrow we get all inclusive forwarding to usa it will not work anymore

Joewillier

Oh it is possible 

@patriciay glad to hear the trick helped! A bit of a hack but I think the value at Public Mobile allows for some of these nuances. 🙂

patriciay

Thank you!!!

Yes indeed setting the Call Forward options in the phone to a US number resulted in the call not being "able to complete as dialed"

I would have liked Public to offer the option of disabling the feature entirely, which I was able to do on Rogers and Bell.

@patriciay - it does not actually forward the calls.

Public Mobile does not allow forwarding to USA numbers, but lets it be "configured" - so any calls forwarded this way will just terminate at the point they would normally go to voicemail with the caller just hearing fast busy or endless ring.

This should work so your works call center doesnt detect the call being answered.

patriciay

I will look into the Fongo account. 

Thanks

patriciay

This forwards the calls

@patriciay 

Dial

*004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

##004# to undo/reset it.

@patriciay 

Two ways you can do this

To start you can go into voicemail optics to expand the number of rings to max 30 sec/6 rings i believe

If you want absolutely no voicemail i suggest that you forward missed/ignored/declined/unavailable calls to any usa number. After ringing stops it will fail the call forward and disconnect.

If you want to expand the ring number you can use free Fongo account. You set your missed/declined/unavailable calls to your free Fongo number. Ib fongo you can set up to 12 rings, it's very long

patriciay

Those solutions, although good ideas, will not work for my situation. My phone doesn't allow me to turn off call forwarding if unanswered/unreachable. 

I'm wondering if there is a way to increase the ring time before the voicemail kicks in.... any suggestions there?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@patriciay , here is the solution I believe, 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Disable-Voicemail/td-p/178568#:~:t....

I read further into the post, many other solutions in there too! 

Need Help? Let's chat.