cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port my number away from PM today. No luck

eplatero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've enjoyed my time with PM, but after a days of unexplained data usage while on WiFi.  I find that I'm dumping more mony on data top us than the other providers.  PM's data usage count on the website does not line up with the usage count on my phone both using the counter on the and a 3rd party app.  

Went to port my service to Koodo today, but the ran into the wall trying to port my number away from Public Mobile. 

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Kayfun101
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have thought about this my self and iPhones on the service work flawlessly with out any issues and I can just turn cellular data off wean I am at home so no loss will occur I will probably buy a iPhone 8 outright so I can keep my service with public what I am saving with 3 g of data and global text and Canada wide calling is much better at 126 dollers every 4 months is what I need in a service I now my plan is grandfathered in because of the new price hikes 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To renew a plan early a mod needs to do it unless you select a different plan. 

eplatero

My account has 3 days before it automatically refils. 

eplatero

Gave them my PM account number, Phone and name.  Koodo was having issues with their system porting from PM.  Gave them everythign they needed, and they were baffled by it.  Spent an hour at the kiosk.

I use Dataman for iOS and I reset the built in usage meter with every cycle, and it's nowhere near what PM says I have used. From my refill in June.  I've had to purchase 2 1GB top ups.From my refill in June. I've had to purchase 2 1GB top ups.

According to PM, in this period, I have used 8 GB, 6GB included in my refill.  

WiFi Assist is not currently turned on.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Was your account already expired when you tried to transfer to Koodo? If so, you need moderator assistance to reactivate; may cost you $20 for 30 day text plan.

If not, Koodo needs to manage the pocess for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

typically they need your PM account Nubmer yoru phone number and your name on file.

did you give them all this info?  what did they say was teh issue or what was missing?

I fint my data usage using mydatamanager is pretty close to what PM say.  what phone are you using?  maybe wifi assist is on?

you shoudl try to get he $50/5gb PM offer if tehy will givi it to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.