cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to port number, still no service 15 hours after activation.

brandonmt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activiated my SIM card and plan about 15 hours ago and ported my number from Bell (which has registered my account as cancelled), but I still have no service.

12 REPLIES 12

brandonmt1

No, but it was repaired (by Bell) some time ago and I believe they replaced the motherboard which is where I think all the problems stem from.

Bell is now sending me a postage-paid envelope so I can mail the phone off to be repaired again. Hopefully I get it back soon, as the already paid for PM plan is going to waste until I get the phone back.

@brandonmt1 wrote:

My phone was supposed to be unlocked, but it hasn't worked as the IMEI number on my sim card holder, in the phone's software, and in Bell's internal system, are all different. My phone's software actually thinks the IMEI number is 0. I'm currently being escalated on Bell's phone support, again. So it's not a problem on Public Mobile's end.

By any chance, did you purchase this phone used?  I'm not too sure about how the Telus network handles phones with an IMEI being reported as a bunch of zeroes.   Sometimes, people will use software to change the IMEI of the phone to get around the national blacklist of phones that have been reported lost or stolen.

If you are the orginal purchaser and you purchased this phone directly from Bell, the IMEI shouldn't be in this altered state.

brandonmt1

My phone was supposed to be unlocked, but it hasn't worked as the IMEI number on my sim card holder, in the phone's software, and in Bell's internal system, are all different. My phone's software actually thinks the IMEI number is 0. I'm currently being escalated on Bell's phone support, again. So it's not a problem on Public Mobile's end.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @brandonmt1

I called the port department so I can definetly confirm that the port went through. Is your phone unlocked? Also, could you try your Public Mobile SIM card in another unlocked device and let me know if it works? Maybe there is an issue with the SIM card. 

Let me know how that goes!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

DaBruuzer

Another obvious question that I am sure you have covered.  Is there ANY chance that this phone was once a locked unit on the Bell network?  If so, you would have to go to a Bell location and have the actual phone unlocked, regardless of whether you are no longer subscribed to a Bell account.

brandonmt1

Hi @Saray_O

Thanks for looking into this. I've just restarted, and it still isn't connecting. I did start an email support ticket if that helps.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @brandonmt1

I'm sorry you were having issues with your port 😕

I have checked your account and I see that your number has succesfully ported. I think it just took longer than usual. Could you reboot your phone so it recognizes the change? 

Let me know if you need anything else!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

DaBruuzer

Well, at this point, I believe it would be best to contact one of the mods like @Mary_M or @Shazia_K (or others - I am still VERY new here) and have them look into it, and/or open a support ticket for you.  That's if you already haven't, of course.  I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

brandonmt1

I have tried that, still no network.

DaBruuzer

I know this is probably obvious, so forgive a PM newbie.  But have you turned your phone completely off, waited a min or two, and turned it back on?  Not just a restart (if you have that option, like on Cyanogen), but a full off/wait/on cycle?

brandonmt1

I can log in to the website.

My phone is not connected to any network.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you log in to your account on Public Mobile?

Can you make outbound calls, or is it completely not working?

You may possibly have a semi failed activiation. If you can answer the above questions, it will speed up the process. In the meantime, be prepared to give your sim card number in a private message to @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.