cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling within Canadian provinces

vprasady266
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I took my public mobile in Toronto. When I travel to other provinces in Canada, will my mobile continue to work? Say if I travel to Edmonton, will it continue to work?

16 REPLIES 16

@ARao wrote:

I am travelling from Edmonton to Canmore. Do I have to pay any extra service charges or any add ons? Or the cost and service remains the same.

This only makes a difference for outoging calls, and only if you're a province-wide calling plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Which plan do you have ?  All the recent plans have service across Canada.  You wouldn't need any additional add-ons unless used up your plan alotment and you need more data or minutes.

ARao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am travelling from Edmonton to Canmore. Do I have to pay any extra service charges or any add ons? Or the cost and service remains the same.

@vprasady266 wrote:

Doesn't public mobile have a customer care number? How do we solve issues ?

I called *611 but there is no option to talk to a support guy.

@vprasady266 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vprasady266 wrote:

PM does not have call centre.

Support is provided by forum moderator by private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@vprasady266 wrote:

Also, will data continue to work?

Whenever I go to check my plan there is an error, plan details are not coming up.

@vprasady266  Yes, data will work across Canada.

vprasady266

@vprasady266 wrote:

Whenever I go to check my plan there is an error, plan details are not coming up.

If you have Canada-wide calling, you can call any number in Canada. You can use your phone anywhere while in Canada.

If you encounter problems with Self-Service, you can try clearing browser cache and retry with incognito mode.

vprasady266

Yes, it should work as well.

@vprasady266 wrote:

Yes your data will work across Canada.

vprasady266

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vprasady266 wrote:

I took my public mobile in Toronto. When I travel to other provinces in Canada, will my mobile continue to work? Say if I travel to Edmonton, will it continue to work?

It depends on which plan do you have.

If you have an old plan with provincial calling only, you need to know the following rules:

1.  When you are in Edmonton, you can call any AB numbers.

2.  You need long distance add-on to call to other provinces including ON numbers.

3.  While you are in ON, you need long distance add-on to call ouside ON numbers.

It your plan has Canada wide minutes, you can call from anywhere in Canada without long distance add-on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vprasady266 wrote:

@vprasady266  Yes, it will work with any plan Province wide & Canada Wide. Smiley Happy

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@vprasady266 hi yes it will work across canada with any canada wide plan 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, Canada wide calling will allow you to call from other provinces.

Need Help? Let's chat.