cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to Yellowknife

bearbear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know Public Mobile will work whenever there is Telus Network. So far, looks like Yellowknife is covered by Telus. Questions: do I have to enable Data Roaming when using Telus' network in Yellowknife? Will there be roaming charge when using Telus' network? Will it be at least 3G when using Telus' network in Yellowknife? 

4 REPLIES 4

GellyBean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in Yellowknife right now and can confirm that it has LTE. I have been very happy with it's coverage up here and have had no connectivity issues in town whatsoever. 

@bearbear wrote:

do I have to enable Data Roaming when using Telus' network in Yellowknife? Will there be roaming charge when using Telus' network?

No, and no to both of those questions.  There is no such thing as roaming on the Telus netowrk. The very definition of roaming involves connecting to a different network.  The Telus network is Public Mobile's network.

As for the data connection type, it depends on the network in the area that you are using it in, but the network in Yellowknife does have both LTE and HSPA available.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@bearbear According to the coverage map, there should be LTE available in Yellowknife. Furthermore, PM is prepaid so you don't have to worry about roaming charges. Roaming is only applicable if you are in the US.

mclyin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your data works anywhere in Canada where there is signal. You do not need any roaming for travelling outside of your home province. 

Need Help? Let's chat.