cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to the States

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I was in Detroit in January with my Freedom Mobile phone plan I made over 1 hr hours of calls localy to American numbers as well as calling Canada and sending texts.

I was not charged extra for the calls and texts just wondering why Public Mobile states you have to pay extra and buy add ons for limited calling if going to the States?

Any other past Freedom customers notice this?

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R  Freedom is the exception.  There may be others, but the majority of plans offered by the big 3 and their sub-brands in Canada do not include any free US (or international) roaming.  As @NDesai points out, unless you do a lot of travel to the US, the trade off for getting cheap access to the Telus network instead of Freedom's is probably worth paying a little for the occasional roaming.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Patrick_R  All carriers have their pros and cons. If you answer why Freedom struggled to provide proper coverage around Canada or Why Freedom does not offer any rewards, then i might try to answer your question. 

Need Help? Let's chat.