cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Traveling out of country 90 days

Hi, Could anyone clarify if I can temporarily put an account on suspend by stopping auto pay for the maximum 90 days, then while in the US insert a Mint Mobile SIM card using the same phone and phone number with out messing up PM account reactivation when returning home?
(Mint Mobile has a special $15. p/mo for 3 mos.)
Thanks🙏 

Accepted Solutions
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Traveling out of country 90 days

@Eister : Services stop when the account is suspended. Your phone number is attached to the SIM (if you will) not the phone.

You can certainly swap out SIM's all you want. Then put this one back in and reactivate and you will be back. Make sure you do this maybe around day 85 or so in case of any hiccups in reactivation.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then you can remove it.  If you want to keep your account then you would need to make a payment before 90 days.

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@Eister 

you need to make a payment before 88 day to you will save your number and account.

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Eister wrote:

Hi, Could anyone clarify if I can temporarily put an account on suspend by stopping auto pay for the maximum 90 days, then while in the US insert a Mint Mobile SIM card using the same phone and phone number with out messing up PM account reactivation when returning home?
(Mint Mobile has a special $15. p/mo for 3 mos.)
Thanks🙏 

@Eister : Not the same phone number as your account here if that's what you meant.

However, if you would like to keep your account active, you can receive texts while in the states. Some have reported receiving calls. But no outgoing without buying roaming add-ons. So get a voip app like TextNow and use it when on wifi somewhere to reply to those texts. TextNow also does voice.

Eister

Thanks very much for your reply,

I think I understand the suspend account part, but I’m uncertain if it’s possible to insert a Mint Mobile Sim card in the “same phone” and use it with “current PM phone number” while away without disrupting PM account reactivation upon returning home with in the 90 days.
Sorry not a straightforward easy question!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Eister : Services stop when the account is suspended. Your phone number is attached to the SIM (if you will) not the phone.

You can certainly swap out SIM's all you want. Then put this one back in and reactivate and you will be back. Make sure you do this maybe around day 85 or so in case of any hiccups in reactivation.

View solution in original post

Eister

Yes you’re right, I did mean use the same number as here, but it would make sense that US Sim card would need a US number. Thanks very much for the work around suggestion!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Eister 

You will get a US number with your Mint Mobile SIM.

As long as it's unlocked, your phone should not have a problem accepting the Mint SIM.

You can take the PM account out of hibernation in your self serve account without the need for the PM SIM being in the phone. Just make sure to not let it get past 89 days (85days recommended in case there are hick-ups) - you will loose your account and phone number after that.

Edit: Typing on the phone - should have known that I'm not fast enough....

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Eister : I remembered another workaround. If you get a voip app then you can leave your account active and forward your calls to the voip app number. Don't let the SIM (in a phone) see a US tower. The forwarding has to be done in Canada. There are apps to forward texts too but that would require the SIM in a phone and on in Canada.

Eister

Thanks so much for all the help understanding how best to manage the phone while away! 
Much appreciated.

Need Help? Let's chat.