cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel outside Can, account deleted

mountaindew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I had a PM number but I've been out of the country for over a year. As soon as I got to Mexico I saw my number was no longer working. Recently I went to the US and not even there it worked. I saw that my online account that I had with PM no longer shows up when I try logging in. 

Do you know if PM deletes your profile/renders a number not functional if you've been outside of Canada for over a year? 

Since I still have the PM SIM, when I go back to Canada, do you know if it will work again or if I'll have to buy a new SIM? Additionally, I'll be moving provinces, so when I get back, if I'm in BC, can I choose a new Ontario number while in BC? Or I have to switch it once I'm in Ontario.

I would appreciate your response! 

5 REPLIES 5

@mountaindew 

Unfortunately a pm sim card will only work in Canada or in the US if you purchase a US roaming add on (although you can recieve texts in the US without a roaming add on.) You can call forward your pm phone number to a voip number like fongo or text now to continue to recieve calls while on wifi and with fongo you can use mobile data or wifi.

There are ways to suspend your service for extended periods of travel that will cost approximately $15 (or less with rewards) every 120 days or about $45 for 360 days. But timing is everything as 90 days is the absolute maximum an account can be suspended without payment so some pre-planning and a contingency plan is essential if you don't want to risk losing your phone number, accumulated rewards, promos, grandfathered plans and/or balances.

About a month before your return to Canada take the time to log into the community on a regular basis to look for flash sale promotions to register your email for the extended activation period. If this occurs between black friday and new years pm usually has their best promotions of the year along with hopefully their continuation of the "more the merrier" campaign of free long distance and data add on gifts to all pm customers.

You may also want to look into CCS who offer discounted pm activation bundles with a free sim card. They can often be stacked with pm promotions for maximizing your savings. Pre-activated bundles  or if you plan ahead a prepaid unactivated bundle can be shipped for free to your Canadian address via Canada Post normally within 5 business days but the xmas holidays can delay shipments up to 3 weeks. They can activate your sim card/plan once both you and the bundle arrive at your home.

More info on ways to save with CCS can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/644382#M4535

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

If your account is not paid and  is expired it will sit for 90 days in suspension.  After 90 days and there is no payment the account is closed and the number returned to the pool of numbers of the originating provider.  

You will need to get a new sim when you return to Canada, you should be able to pick an Ontario number if you choose when you reactivate.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

if it is over a year, the account would have closed.  Account close after 90 days of no payment.

You will need a new SIM to activate a new plan with a new number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

and when you come back to canada you will have to buy it a New SIM card,

if you want to buy it a NEW SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click HERE 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

Good Luck and your welcome *back* to public mobile 

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.