cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting number to new SIM card???

grizmel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am in the process of transferring from an iPhone 4 (I know, it's a dinosaur, but it has worked for me so far) to an iPhone 6. The SIM card for the 6 is smaller than the one for the 4, so I cannot simply move the SIM card over.

So my question is "How do I transport my current Public Mobile number to my new SIM card?" Is it as simple as clicking on the "Change SIM card" option in my account?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know this is solved, but another solution would be to use a sim card cutter if you didn't have a breakaway sim card like the newer ones.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could purchase a new sim then log into your account to change it.

Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account and follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1603747812441.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1603747812453.png

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@grizmel Assuming your sim card is/was not a 3in1 (in which case pop it out to the smallest size), you have two choices. First buy a new sim card and in your self serve select Change Sim Card as below;

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Or you can google "trim my sim card to nano sim". It is very easy to do, lots of advice online. I have done it a few times with zero issues. Just be careful and go slow. If you screw it up you need a new sim card anyways.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@grizmel wrote:

Hi, I am in the process of transferring from an iPhone 4 (I know, it's a dinosaur, but it has worked for me so far) to an iPhone 6. The SIM card for the 6 is smaller than the one for the 4, so I cannot simply move the SIM card over.

So my question is "How do I transport my current Public Mobile number to my new SIM card?"

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Have a look at the SIM card. You should be able to punch out to get to the smaller size.

If not you can purchase a new SIM card and go into self service and choose Change Sim Card.

sim2.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.