cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number from Koodo to Public Mobile

vish9090
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, how can you transfer a number from koodo to public mobile? During the process it stated that I had to make a new number and contact the team. Is there any way I can do it through the self serve account? 

Thank you. 

16 REPLIES 16

sdwway
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

both of mine have been "lost" as well. i need to jump through hoops, pack two dozen clowns in a car and do cart and pony tricks before they will attempt to resolve.

sdwway

Sounds like my life right now. Do you remember what worked  or give up at the lack of helpful service?

@Running5000 

More details would be helpful. You can also start your own thread

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Running5000   contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention port request check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours   if you are just signing up a new account you can do it during activation unless it's koodo prepaid 

Running5000

gksappal

Walmart sells Public Mobile sim cards. We just sent there, purchased the sim cards and the Walmart employee in the electronics department did everything for us. We were signed up and had our phones working in about 15-20 min. super easy!

y5g4

Just to be clear, DO NOT DO THIS FROM YOUR KOODO SELF-SERVE ACCOUNT. I misunderstood this thread as "koodo self-serve" instead of "public mobile self-serve" and now I have to ask koodo for my number back, cancel the fees on my now-defunct PM account, and set up a new PM account.

@sarahhall1006 wrote:

Yes.  Initially I followed all those steps and all seemed okay, but the phone number never was transfered.  I got the email confirmation from Koodo that our service has been cancelled.  When I attempted to transfer again, the number was no longer eligible.  It’s been 48 hours.  Do you think the moderator will reply soon?

Sorry, but there's no way for anyone here to know when a moderator will reply to you.  Only the moderators can know that.  But what I will say is that they will get back to as soon as they can.  They don't want customers to wait any longer than necessary.

sarahhall1006

Yes.  Initially I followed all those steps and all seemed okay, but the phone number never was transfered.  I got the email confirmation from Koodo that our service has been cancelled.  When I attempted to transfer again, the number was no longer eligible.  It’s been 48 hours.  Do you think the moderator will reply soon?

Shaheer

@mimmo wrote:

@Shaheer unfortunately what you suggested won't work as the line on koodos end has been cancelled because the port was initiated and got lost on the on side 

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying—didn’t know. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shaheer unfortunately what you suggested won't work as the line on koodos end has been cancelled because the port was initiated and got lost on the on side 

Shaheer

Hey,

This should solve your issue. I ported over from Koodo, as well, two weeks ago.

1. Login to Self-Serve

2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change Phone Number

3. Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

4. Enter your number and click "Check Eligibility"

5. Click the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" before you do anything else.

6. Fill in the box to the best of your ability.

7. Click Submit and wait (don't press anything else until everything is clear).  

This should port your number over without any mod assistance, assuming you're not pre-paid.

EDIT: This solution won’t actually work because the port was initiated by Koodo but got lost on the PM side. This is a job for the @CS_Agent. It would work if no port was initiated by Koodo and @vish9090 just bought the SIM and manually tried to port. Thanks for clarifying @mimmo!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarahhall1006 unfortunately the mods seem to be a bit backlogged.  As long as you sent them a message with the porting info they should get to it hopefully today.  You seem to be another person who has had the port go through (cancel old provider) but not assigned to your sim.

@CS_Agent can you let us know if this is a new porting bug?

sarahhall1006

Hello communtity.  I transferred four lines for my family from koodo to public two days ago.  Three of the lines transfered but one line hasn't transferred.  I followed the instructions and got a temporary number and then went to change my number to the koodo number.  But it never transferred.  I got an email from koodo for each line saying the service was cancelled, so from their end the transfer process seemed to go through.  WHen I call the number, it's no longert in service.  I've written three private messages to the moderators over 48 hours and have gotten no reply.  Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish9090- note that if you have a prepaid plan with Koodo, you must get assistance from the moderators in order to do the transfer.  If that's your case...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Log in to self-serve, and under "My Profile" on the right side, click "Change Number".  It will then give you the option to transfer your existing number over to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.