cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring acc from PM to another company; #Transaction needed

tjli0201
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I intend to transfer my current phone number from PM to another company. When registering at another company they ask for a so-called "transaction number" but I cannot find related information about it. I have already canceled Autopay on my PM account, what should I do next in order to get the transaction number?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tjli0201  It is likely your account number that they want. In addition to what gblackma wrote, your public mobile account must be kept active in order for the transfer to work. Once the transfer is completed, your public mobile self serve account will close automatically.

@popping they stopped that message and have gone back to the negative porting one where you have to contact the moderators to stop the port. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tjli0201 

In addition to what @gblackma said about the required 3 pieces of info to port out your account.  Watch for the PM text messages to ask you permission to release your number to your new provider.  If you do not reply to the PM text message, PM will not release your number.

Cannot keep up with the changes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tjli0201 Contact the provider and ask them what it is. To port from PM you need to give your new provider 

1. Number to port

2. Name on accounts. 

3. One of imei number, account number or pin.

Need Help? Let's chat.