cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of waiting for PM promo? Zoomer has one right now...

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been wanting to switch my husband over to PM and have just been waiting for a good promo to come out. Unfortunately we missed the 1-day FM deal. But I found this promo for Zoomer on RFD today for anyone on the market for a new plan and looking for a deal. Thinking we will likely give up on PM and switch him over to Zoomer. Was hoping we could both be on PM but with no deals on the horizon this Zoomer plan is a very attractive option.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer-wireless-zoomer-wireless-deal-36-2gb-2122613/

25 REPLIES 25

denkom

Agreed! lol

Shutdown

Hopefully PM will make good promos that include existing customers instead of only FM.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@denkom,

Hopefully by then there will be a PM promotion. 🙂

denkom

Thanks for sharing, @Bella

denkom

@Michael77 My pleasure! 🙂 We will def call Zoomer at the 6-month mark to see about the loyalty plans. And hopefully there will be a deal for me to take advantage of on the PM side as well...lol. My renewal is right around black friday, so I hope that works out for me! 

Bella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Zoomer 4GB Loyalty Plan

$45 per month 4 GB Plan

Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes

Unlimited text, picture and video messages (Canada International)

Includes:  Enhanced voicemail, call display and name display

Zoomer 5GB Loyalty Plan

$54 per month 5GB Plan

everything else above the same

Michael77

@denkom,

Thanks for the update! Sounds like things are going really well. I am very happy for you!  Please remember to get one of their retention plans at the 6 month mark. Please keep in touch.  Thanks. 🙂

denkom

@Michael77 I have an update on Zoomer. We received the phone and sim on Friday (1 day after we ordered it!). My husband called Zoomer on Saturday to port his number over from Bell and everything went really smoothly. The number was ported within 1-2 hours and we've had no issues. The reception is good (as good as I remember when I was on Rogers). We didn't do a speed test but so far no complaints. We signed up with an online referral for $50 and we're going to try to sell the phone they sent us....so basically we are really happy we took advantage of that deal while they had it as we're going to come out ahead. For those that missed out on the deal, it will prob be back at some point soon.

denkom

Nice. We are just waiting to receive the Zoomer sim and free phone. I was with Rogers for many years and found the coverage to be pretty decent. But I do find in remote areas (if I go camping, etc.) I have much better coverage with the Telus network than I did with Rogers. But we're not too concerned about that because at least one of our phones will be on the Telus network....for now. lol.

Michael77

Cityfone is a Canadian cellular network service reseller owned by Rogers Communications which acquired it in 2010 for $CAD 26 million. It provides services through Rogers Wireless.

McLaren
The service is run by Cityfone which is on Rogers network. My mom is on it and there are no issues. Identical to when she was on rogers.

shawnie_boy

We probably won't see a 40/4gb for a while again based on how freedom responded last time. 

Michael77
@denkom, Thanks. 🙂

denkom

@Michael77 I will definitely report back 🙂

Michael77
@denkom,

Please let us know if their service is any good.

denkom

Well my husband is officially a Zoomer customer. It was a great deal and we couldn't pass it up.

denkom

@Bella do you know how much it costs for more data on the loyalty plan (after 6 months)?

Bella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The loyalty plan after 6 months stays at the same price.  You than get unlimited Canada Wide Calling and Full Voice Mail.  Everything else stays the same at the price point of $36 per month.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The promo requires a 2 year contract.  From what I read on RFD, the break up fee is the remaining cost for the hardware.  Apparently, they price the LG G4 at $250.  As much as I am no fan of carrier phones, I think it is a fair price for the G4.  Since the pricing is really good, there is no need to worry about having to leave before two years is up.  Apparently, after 6 months, there is a loyalty option that increases calling minutes and data for a nominal additional cost. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

well you geta new phone you could sell the phone and that could cover part of teh early termination.  or just get the cheapest phone.  that way your subsisdy is minimal

denkom
Yea unfortunately the downside is the deal is for a 2-year contract. But still worth it I think.

Michael77
Yes, Zoomer is on the Rogers' network.

Hopefully a promo will come soon.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Think that's a 2 year contract price? If not, just keep an eye on PM and come over if there's a deal you like,

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Interesting....is Zoomer on the Rogers network?  I have better reception on PM at cottage than my husband who is on Rogers.

Shutdown

Which network does zoomer use? Rogers?

Need Help? Let's chat.