cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone wring

PMuser
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My phone choosing wrong time zone , I tried to adjusted it in the settings but it still change it after 10 second automatically.

Automatically time and zone
Use network-provide time.
12 REPLIES 12

@PMuser I'm just a PM customer like you - so I wouldn't be able to help with the problem directly. Since the network infrastructure is managed by Telus, and any such issue is potentially affecting a large number of customers, I don't know to what extent PM will be able to assist with this issue.

PMuser
7789849803@

I agree with you, I think the SIM card is not the cause of the failure is most likely a problem with the Surrey's server settings.
Any way now I am going to US , I will pay attention on it , if the problem will not recur then you'll know exactly what you should pay attention to the server of Surrey.

@PMuser It sounds unlikely that ordering and switching your service to a new SIM will solve your problem.

But perhaps @Kalla_A can help you investigate this issue further?

TBH, if it were upto me, if knowing the correct time zone were critical to my job, I would never rely on a cellular network for this purpose. Especially when you already know that in some areas, the network time zone can be incorrect.

PMuser
Dear Oshax

I will wait, because at the moment I'm outside of home . Next two weeks I will comeback , if during the time it will happen again then I will order new SIM .

oshax

Sounds like the coding in the SIM card is messed up.

This should be verified by a PM rep but I'm thinking most likely you should order a new sim and then change sim card in the self serve account options

PMuser
I just moved from Surray ,BC to Chilliwack BC , and it become shows correct time , probably Surrey's server of network have trouble , just take note obout that , may other customers will complain same .

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PMuser

@7789849803 is a customer and not a Pubilc Mobile employee so they would be unable to check the settings of your account.

Once your SIM card is inserted select the automatic time and date, maybe try power-cycling the phone after selecting that option. If that still doesn't work and you have your information backed up you could  try factory resetting the phone and seeing if that restores the clock to the actual time.

PMuser
I just tried to use another SIM card, the time was automatically fixed, so please check settings of my account .

If I will be made mistake in my log book I'll be fined.

PMuser
it happened today after he asked to upgrade my add-ons

PMuser
because I'm traveling at the moment and it is important that I know the exact time

@PMuser That seems weird. But why not just uncheck the box that makes your phone automatically inherit the network's assigned time zone?

PMuser
If I using just device GPS , it shows me correctly time zone, but if I try to use GPS and network it's become shows me wrong time zone .

Guys have check it pleas.
Need Help? Let's chat.