cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone on community activation

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wheb filling out the Community activation, one of the last categories is "Choose your time zone".  There's only 6 time zones in Canada.  Why does the form require the time zone to be filled in with Greenwich Mean Time, but completely leave out the Canadian Time Zones?  Can't help it...my eyes crossed when I saw that.  These forms are supposed to be simple, and that throws in unneccesary complication.  Any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar : My Settings/Preferences/Display - Absolute dates (and time).

Clever idea on the Costa Rica "time zone". Systems would then know there's no DST. Nice one.

@gregpaterson   Costa Rica uses CST year round just like Saskatchewan, so you can pick that time zone in your community preferences. I am in Regina as well and never actually noticed this until now since most posts are shown in "relative" time, but indeed notification emails did contain a timestamp +1 hour until now! 😄

As far as time zone on your mobile phone, that's completely unrelated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gregpaterson : You've kinda glommed into a thread about the community time when you're actually talking about the network.

gregpaterson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, I do that, but forgot to change it back after travelling do a different time zone. This is a pretty major flaw in the list and network.

Update, to submit a ticket, you compose a new message from the community: 

To private message the Moderator Team click the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.

@gregpaterson wrote:

Update, the PM link is just a bot that doesn't allow me to submit a ticket. 

From reading other posts, sounds like network-provided time zones aren't working for a lot of Public Mobile customers. It certainly doesn't work for anyone in Saskatchewan.

Recommendations on how to see this changed?

While not ideal, the time and time zone can be set manually on most devices.

gregpaterson

Update, the PM link is just a bot that doesn't allow me to submit a ticket. 

From reading other posts, sounds like network-provided time zones aren't working for a lot of Public Mobile customers. It certainly doesn't work for anyone in Saskatchewan.

Recommendations on how to see this changed?

gregpaterson

Hi, this is not a list of all time zones in Canada. 

Both the short list and the full list are missing Saskatchewan (GMT-6 Regina CST)

This makes it so when using the network-provided time zone everyones phones change times during the daylight saving change that we do not participate in. Yukon may have just created a new time zone since they just stopped observing.

Please resolve this. Note that registering for the community also required me to select a time zone which is also missing that list. I'll make a ticket per your link.

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Guess you got me!  I couldn't for the life of me find Pacific Standard Time when I first filled out the form.  Guess my eyes stayed crossed after looking at the GMT multiple choice.

Thanks for your reply.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I don't know about the community registration form, but on my existing account, i see all Canadian Time Zones along with many others from around the world. 

EDIT: Actually, the list on the registration form is exactly the same. 

Untitled.png

Need Help? Let's chat.