cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to get a SIM card

randis1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know how long it takes for a SIM card to be sent from PM once you order one?

Randi

18 REPLIES 18

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've ordered 2 with Canada post regular mail. Both took about 5 business days.

socialcocoon

It took 2 days for me.

ellenyw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Alright perfect, I will check tomorrow then. I live in a more rural area so it may have ended up in my PO box if Canada post is delivering. 

lostinspace
It should come exactly where your regular mail comes in. wherever Your enbridge bill or your hydro bill... comes.and doesn't require sign. So possibly just with tegular mail. At least that's how i got it his afternoon in GTA.

ellenyw

Okay thanks for letting me know. Since they are arriving in Canada post and not purolator, does that mean that they are able to be dropped off at a PO box? Nothing at my door so I'm wondering if it could have been dropped off there.

lostinspace
And BTW , there is no strike situation for Canada Post. Not in close future (till Friday ) 110%. So rest assured.

lostinspace
Probably don't be concerned until Friday. I ordered one on 6th and got it today. Came by priority canada post service which is the heighest level delivery service of Canada Post. And if I know Canada Post it will make it's way to your door tomorrow.

ellenyw

@lostinspace Really? I have not received any tracking number. 

lostinspace
They even send an email from PM 2nd time to give you tracking id on the envelope. If you already got that email, you can track it. That email tends to come the third day.

ellenyw

It's been four for me and still waiting! I really hope it arrives this week 🙂

lostinspace
3 days is what I can confirm as well.

paotranq
I got mine in 3days time (in Ontario). They are pretty quick about it, in my opinion.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can get the sim card in 1 or 2 days if you pay a $20 non-refundable shipping fee. Normally PM also offers free Canada Post shipping, which was usually less than a week, but that has been suspended for the last couple months because of the possible CP strike. The alternative right now is Puralator shipping were you pay a fee but can apply for a refund from PM on activation. Don't know what the average is with Puralator, but there have been a number of complaints voice in these forums about shipping taking up to 2.5 weeks and cards being lost. Hopefully those are just the outlier cases.

Yes, so you should not have too much to worry.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A couple of days, not much. I got mine after just 3 days. If you're lucky, you might get it within the next to five days following your purchase's day. I hope you'll get it soon.

Also, PM currently uses Purolator I believe to ship Sim, you must pay, BUT PM will refund in Self-Serve Account as credit back when Sim is activated

randis1

I leave in the Montreal area.

Randi

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Depending on where you live, but within a few days

Need Help? Let's chat.