cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticketing Process

@darlicious wrote:

@Mimi33  The preferred way pm wants you to contact a moderator is via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators by clicking on (?) at the bottom right of your screen. My preferred method is thru a private message putting @CS_Agent in the send to bar. Fill in subject bar. Explain the issue.  Include full name on acct, email, ph #, pin # and security question and answer for verification. I find the response the same but I've only successfully submitted via Simon once.

By using that method (message through private messaging), you are actually slowing the response that you get for your own issue. Contacted inititated through this method are given a low priority.

20 REPLIES 20

Another day of directing members to use simon only to have Simon send them back to community for help a little more confused and a lot more frustrated. Or he would send them to private messaging....it seems like the 1 out of 3 that would make it the submit ticket option came back to the community knowing they submitted a ticket but felt it didnt explain the issue. If public mobile really wants stats they should acquire them the way they get them from me....anti-simon me....by text message survey. They already have the technology, program, system.....just use it more often.

@will13am wrote:

I will say this much, the smart form thing was initially all about ensuring customers provide sufficient information to the moderators so their problem can be worked on right away without moderators having to ask for more information.

That part is ironic since SIMon allows custoemers to provide almost no information other than a categorization for many of the tickets. SIMon can actually make it so that more messages are needed to be sent by the customer and read by the moderators.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Simom says moderator team should respond within a few hours.  I don't understand what you mean by a ticket. I tried to explain issue in the allotted key stokes. Simon said didn't understand...contact Moderator....getting dizzy running around in circles...   :0)

@Mimi33  At this point with all the discussion on this topic yesterday and now your most recent experience i would be confused too. How you get a response depending on the method seems to be allmover the place. Try this....click on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue by typing in human or rep then follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit  the ticket. This should work to get a service ticket.

Mimi33

This is what Simon says about contacting moderator team.

Sign into the Public Mobile Community
Click the messaging icon on the top right
Type @CS_Agent
Send your message
If you're already logged-in to the Community, you can simply click on the link below. Unfortunately, you cannot tag a moderator here, I'm just a robot 😛

Mimi33

That may explain it then.  I sent a private message to Mod team.  Once 4 days ago and again two days ago.  I will send via Simon.  Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My couple of data points with private message without ticket number suggests that these are ignored.  Yes, ignored.  I never ever received a response.  I had to go the ticket route.  This was a little while ago, so I am not sure whether my information is stale or not.  I will say this much, the smart form thing was initially all about ensuring customers provide sufficient information to the moderators so their problem can be worked on right away without moderators having to ask for more information.  This would help with improving throughput.  I have always been good about providing detailed information even before smart form.  My view is SIMon is that it's somewhat superfluous for customers like myself.  I don't have that many moderators team interactions.  I can put up with SIMon's irritation.  If the quality of my interaction with SIMon is important and that feeds downstream into the handling of my ticket, that's something I cannot condone.  In a customer service type interaction, the support is rated not the customer!  

@Ed404  I absolutely agree. In private messages putting an accurate issue in the subject line could make it very easy to prioritize: ie.autopay fail services suspended or rewards not applied at renewal. Makes it easy to determine what it is more important. Proof of that today when i reported very inappropriate content sent to my private messages. All it does is sends a private message to the moderators but i had a response within 5 minutes. A list of standard /common issues with a priority value is all that would be needed. Time/date stamped to insure low priority issues wouldnt go unanswered within certain time frame.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  Have you used Simon for the ticketing process? Then you know the extent of the A.I. used by public mobile.

I have used it and to put it frankly it's terrible. It would be a much better "A.I." if it indexed the community for the question then found the answer selected. I find SIMon could be much more direct and use less messages when I ask questions.

If we ignore A.I. for the moment I think moderators could quickly glance at messages and prioritize them. I sent them a message about the "message approval issue" and it took a bit for them to get back to me, so I assume they gave it a low priority because it's not urgent or hindering my cell service.

@Ed404 wrote:

How do we know the moderators or the artificial intelligence don't scan messages and determine their priority?

@Ed404  Have you used Simon for the ticketing process? Then you know the extent of the A.I. used by public mobile.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How do we know the moderators or the artificial intelligence don't scan messages and determine their priority?

@computergeek541  Thank you for the appropriate moving of unrelated posts in the thread. Was hoping this was going to be done....being off topic and all.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Agreed. Perhaps the next update to simon will make him more user friendly  and more effective by offering choices that identify and narrow down the issue so it can be properly prioritized. If users continue to choose pm over simon this should give public mobile enough stats that simon is not an effective enough tool for the prioritization of issues requiring moderators assistance.

This is something that is contantly being worked on. Specifically, I beleive that the very reason why many customers decide to choose the "other" category has to do wth the fact that they have a blank slate/text box to use and type in. I've been there and done that, and while selecting "Service Not Working" gives a good way to for moderators to know what the ticket is about, it doesn't tell them anything else. 

@computergeek541  Agreed. Perhaps the next update to simon will make him more user friendly  and more effective by offering choices that identify and narrow down the issue so it can be properly prioritized. If users continue to choose pm over simon this should give public mobile enough stats that simon is not an effective enough tool for the prioritization of issues requiring moderators assistance.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  If using pm is given low priority status and I have had an issue responded to and settled on the same day that @Mimi33  sent her service ticket via Simon why has she not been responded to and my request dealt with and done? So do you know or are you repeating what you've been told? Since no stats are available we can only go by personal experience if your personal experience using simon is different than mine so be it. I just know public mobile wants members to use simon and that is the first advice I give but if that does not work of will suggest what works for me and the member seeking advice can make their own choice based on the information offered.

Private messages do sometimes get lost in the shuffle or get ignored too  You're right that I don't have statistics. However, as Alan_K did make that sattement about private message priority, it's highly likely that moderators have been instructed to operate in a manner that reinforces this.

Part of difficulty with submitting a ticket through SIMon has to do with the fact that most submissions do not give the customers any opportunity to provide enough information required to resolve the issue. This often means that the customers will have then send a message through private message anyway.

@computergeek541  If using pm is given low priority status and I have had an issue responded to and settled on the same day that @Mimi33  sent her service ticket via Simon why has she not been responded to and my request dealt with and done? So do you know or are you repeating what you've been told? Since no stats are available we can only go by personal experience if your personal experience using simon is different than mine so be it. I just know public mobile wants members to use simon and that is the first advice I give but if that does not work i will suggest what works for me and the member seeking advice can make their own choice based on the information offered.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Since pm does not release statistics on response times how are we to know what is the faster method other than to tow the company line?

I have no idea what current turnaround times are. Howver, I do know that attempts at resolving issues using methods other than going through SIMon are given lower priority status.

Them fightin' words at the end of her post notwithstanding...but again I agree with her. I also agree with your understanding of the official line from Alan_K that response times be less via pm (if at all iirc). But I also had a somewhat acceptable response time for my reporting of the rapid gift data consumption problem back on the 4th using pm.

Maybe just maybe they're quietly backed down on requiring just the ticket submission. Dunno.

I don't believe that any customer here enjoys being required/almost forced to use SIMon. Wasn't I one of the members who told people how to bypass SIMon instead of going through all the sometimes silly prompts? Unfortuantely, Public Mobile wants customers to go through the "full" SIMon experience to open a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Since pm does not release statistics on response times how are we to know what is the faster method other than to tow the company line?

I have no idea what current turnaround times are. Howver, I do know that attempts at resolving issues using methods other than going through SIMon are given lower priority status.

Them fightin' words at the end of her post notwithstanding...but again I agree with her. I also agree with your understanding of the official line from Alan_K that response times be less via pm (if at all iirc). But I also had a somewhat acceptable response time for my reporting of the rapid gift data consumption problem back on the 4th using pm.

Maybe just maybe they've quietly backed down on requiring just the ticket submission. Dunno.

@darlicious wrote:

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  Since pm does not release statistics on response times how are we to know what is the faster method other than to tow the company line? As previously stated I said either method is about the same. But in reality I can't say for sure...only that my one success with Simon took 8 hours for a response. A private message during regular work hours has taken anywhere from 10 min to 5 hours for a response. I can only go by personal experience....the only Simon generated service ticket and the highest priority ( no service) had the slowest response time. I was only offering @Mimi33 an answer to her question "Is their another way to contact the moderators?" and my personal experience with the method I prefer and for me has resulted in faster service. Did you bring bottled water to the meeting or drink the koolaid on offer?

Need Help? Let's chat.