cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The website is too slow and keeps hanging

Lor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

What is wrong with the website? Why is it so slow to load pages?  I've been trying to replace a credit card information for days now.  I enter all the information and it keeps loading, loading loading and then end up in an error message.  For a company that's trying to do business just through the web page, it needs to be improved leaps and bounds.

Lorin

10 REPLIES 10

As you're continuing to attempt to register the card, you may now be blocked temporarily to add it.

Please wait for about an hour, before attempting again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lor wrote:

Hi all,

What is wrong with the website? Why is it so slow to load pages?  I've been trying to replace a credit card information for days now.  I enter all the information and it keeps loading, loading loading and then end up in an error message.  For a company that's trying to do business just through the web page, it needs to be improved leaps and bounds.

Lorin

For now, you can head down to the local London Drugs, WOW Mobile, The Mobile Shop, K Mobile or even Walmart and get a Public Mobile voucher. Then you can call 611 to add the voucher to your Available Funds. You can then add your cc later when it's not so slow.

Good luck.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LorI highly recommend trying do your process during non busy hours.. eg late at night / early in the morning. If the website react slowly and it worked before, chances is it has nothing to do with your browser.

@Lor wrote:

Chrome incognito doesn't work either

@Lor  Known issue happens to all of us. You just gotta keep trying and eventually you will get in.

Lor

Chrome incognito doesn't work either

Lor

That's why i'm trying to update my credit card information ... so i can put funds.  

I already wasted an hour just trying to get credit card info updated

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can do that by calling *611 from your phone too, assuming it's an addon you are looking for. 

Just make sure you have funds in your account, or you can add funds via credit card by calling *611 as well. 

Lor

Thanks for responding, though, i appreciate it

Lor

I'm on Chrome ... but haven't tried incognito ... 

This is ridiculous.  I've been trying to buy data for days now.  Doesn't look like they want my money

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try with a different browser, Chrome on Incognito mode seems to be working for most people around here. 

Agreed, the self serve site is often slow and at times doesn't load... It's been mentioned before, and hopefully Public Mobile will take these suggestions into account and improve their webserver infrastructure. 

Need Help? Let's chat.