cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber

rabbit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I am trying to activate my simcard but it keeps saying "The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber". I am 100% sure that I typed in the correct number and tried multiple times on different devices and browsers.  Please advise!

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any update here?

rabbit

I put in succession!  I am going to try again. 

Rockdaddy22
It's the temp number thing.

So, @Rockdaddy22 do you recommend the 10-digits consecutively, or does it not matter because this has to do with a temporary number issue?

Rockdaddy22
Common bug that has been around forever 😞

I like @mimmo's suggestion of including the referral number in alternate field, especially if you can't proceed and really want the referral. It's not like you forgot and are now trying to backpedal.

It's too bad you're getting that error regarding the referral number. And just to check... did you put the number like XXXXXXXXXX or (XXX) XXX-XXXX? I'd think putting the 10-digits in succession would be best.

rabbit

Thanks!  That's very helpful 🙂

mimmo

I'll tag a moderator for you but because of their back log... @Shazia_K

do you know your friends original PM number before they ported you can try that. or wait till tomorrow, might be a better day 🙂

Yes typically referrals are not given after the fact.  The reason i suggested putting the numbers in the alternate field is because you are having the issue and ding so will put that number on file.

If you search the reward forum there are instances where the moderators have looked into these situations and given the rewards after the fact. 

rabbit

Thanks, I am hoping a moderator will see this post and help me.  I have tried multiple times to sign up. 

Pirahna97

The referral should work. If you want you can try waiting a day but referrals cant be changed after signing up.

rabbit

Oh so we cannot refer to a friend right away?  How does this gaurantee they get the referal?

mimmo

Are you tryingto do a referal?  If yes did your friend have a temoprary number and then ported?

I would put your friends number in the alternate phone number fields then contact one of the mods, giving them details of the issue, your number and your friends number.

The mods should be able to fix it after the fact

Need Help? Let's chat.