cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber.

asfyip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today, I ported over my number from Koodo to Public Mobile.  However, when I tried to refer my mom to Public Mobile, I received the error stated above.

Can I first activate my mom's SIM without referral and then get a mod to apply the referral credit to my account later on?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

k4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to me - I just waited the next day and it worked.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg wrote:

If you proceed without entering the referral, it can't be added later. Please wait for a moderator to help you out. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we don't want you to lose out on the referral.

I can confirm that unfortuately this is 100% correct.  It was confirmed to me from Shazia over private message about a week or so ago.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

asfyip

Thanks for the tips everyone.  I will be waiting for a mod to assist.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

If you proceed without entering the referral, it can't be added later. Please wait for a moderator to help you out. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we don't want you to lose out on the referral.

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The best I've seen a mod do is $20 one time credit for the referrer. I would suggest waiting for a mod reply, or just rebooting your phone/waiting a bit more and trying to referrer method to see if it picks it up now. Just less hassle to have it automated.

Usually the refereal needs to be completed during activation.  If the referal system is not recognizing the number, you'll need a moderator to assist you.

asfyip

Yes, the port is completed and the number is active on PM network.

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is your number ported over completely and your phone active on the Public Mobile network?

Need Help? Let's chat.