cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sunday Moderator has left the building... (followup to Where are the Moderators?)

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Too long didn't read (tl:dr) version:

* In the interests of improving things from our (new customer) end, let's try to help the moderator situation temporarily by not tagging them in posts, and only directly privately message them.  Perhaps this will help with the extreme backlog.

*  And help keep this idea active, by replying to this message without any tags.(Share your grief perhaps?  Obtain catharsis!  Tell us your activation story! Commiserate while you wait.)

Full version continues:

...Moderator Saray_O (not tagged for reasons discussed below) was on earlier today (Sunday, November 6), but is now listed as offline (2:21 pm EST as I write this), and last visited 4 hours ago.  I received the extreme honour of a reply to my "Where are the Moderators?" post, which stated the usual instructions: contact me, and I will resolve the failed activation (in may case *without* port) issue, or, LOL, contact us via the web form (which of course I also did too more than two days ago).  She said she was the only moderator working today, and Mary_M was the only one working yesterday.

So, I dutifully sent off yet another private message this time directed to her.... hoping beyond hope that she might actually open it.

Separately, I was informed politely that just because the the moderators are shown as offline, that that doesn't mean they aren't answering private messages.  I hope you are correct!

There are so many people with basic activation issues (irrespective of porting) who have been waiting far longer than the 50 hours I've now been waiting (e.g. @J_Wig as one example)... so let me emphasize I'm not asking for special treatment.

[Aside:

I once again want to point out that basic activation issues (never mind porting issues... since some of us did not even try to port during the now-failed activation process) are entirely within the purview of Public Mobile, and hence only resolveable by the moderators... since only they have database access.  I suspect for instance it would take the moderator one minute to resolve my basic account creation issue (shorter than it would take to have replied to my original message, unless it was a cut-paste job) given that my PM sim card is indeed linked to my phone (the SIM works, the phone works), and my wife even received her referral bonus... but I can't even so much as log into self-serve, or use any text/voice/data service because the process is only half-complete.]

So, given all this, it doesn't really look like anything is going to be resolved *today*, Sunday Nov 6 (among the basic account creation/activation issues that only the moderators can resolve after our credit card bills have been billed) today, so I have a crazy suggestion...

... as a way to improve the signal to noise ratio, we temporarily stop tagging the moderators in the posts.  Instead just directly private message them and hope (pray?).

Of course, this post itself will get quickly lost in the noise... unless, hmmmm, even crazier idea, all of us out there who are in this queue, keep replying to this message (don't tag anybody including me) ... don't even type anything ... to help keep it near the top so that we can help the mods clear the queue.  

Or better yet somebody come up with a (way) better STICKY title than my lame one that warns people away from tagging, or somehow unifies us across the same threads....

Well, that's all the effort I can put into this today... (LOL: I've already been designated a 'Great Citizen' by the system, but I feel I've accomplished very little other than help us in activation limbo commiserate with each other).  Hopefully the start of a new week and perhaps a more full-time staff will bring some resolution to these ongoing issues.

18 REPLIES 18

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're right. Sorry about the wording and changed it.

KirkK

Stormy:  I think you mean if your porting is hung.  For those of us with pure activation is hung issues, we have no access to any of PM's services (data, text, voice or even.... and this is the part that still gets me, Self-Service).

Stormy

Not going to help any that are stuck waiting but if your porting is hung (data works and can call/send texts, but not receive calls/texts), one thing that was mentioned elsewhere is if you have a spare/extra phone laying you can put the old SIM in it and the PM SIM in your current phone. Means carrying 2 phones around but at least you will be able to receive calls and texts, and get at least some use out of the new plan until the issue(s) get resolved.

KirkK

Hmmmm....interesting leafian. Does indeed beg the question.  Clearly you've also gone through several of the stages of PM Activation Grief.  Thanks for sharing.

leafian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This happened to me yesterday as well.

Message showed as read and a minute later marked as unread.

This begs the question, if they read it why did they not try to fix it?

My problem is the activation failure that everybody else is getting and supposedly that is a problem they can fix so why didn't they fix it?

Did they not like my username? Hate Leafs fans?

Was I not polite enough? Should I have groveled?

Be more forceful? Demand immediate results?

Say "Open Sesame"?

O Wise Moderators, what sacrifices must be made in your name to grant our wishes?

KirkK

@mig39 This makes total sense as to what was observed.

mig39

They might leave them as "unread" to mean "unresolved" so that anybody else who looks at the "queue" can pick it up?

stphnp

I'm almost certain that yesterday afternoon one of my private messages briefly showed that it was read before it switched back to unread. 

mig39

I'm still waiting for my PM to a moderator to be read as well.

Same boat for me:  activation not working, I've been charged already, and can't even get into self-service or create an account.

jayemgee
Same boat. Feeling ignored. I still have messages that haven't been read from 3 days ago.

Raven_Jet
I think they are doing the best they can at the moment. Just hang tight! This deal is amazing!

KirkK

thanks luckluc for reposting here.

luckyluc

from my point of view it looks like that:

" I sent 2 same messages to 2 different moderators and none of them replied. This is outrages. I'm a new customer and right away I'm beeing ignored while one of the above moderators keeps replying to board messages (saying: send me a private message with proper info) instead of replying to private messages where people already provided required information. "

thank you

KirkK

Yes.  agreed too long.  Am thinking of another (Five Stages of Activation Grief), but @Rockdaddy22 already may have a title that captures what we wanted... "Pause the promo?"

Raven_Jet
Your post is extremely long, summarize it in 100 words or less so people who are frustrated or in a hurry can know what you said at a glance.

KirkK

@stphnp. LOL.  good one.  we need to add some humour to the situation methinks

drc

@stphnp wrote:

I don't know, now it says she's online. I bet she's getting to my message from Friday right now.

Mine from Thursday is still unread.

stphnp

I don't know, now it says she's online. I bet she's getting to my message from Friday right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.