cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Invisible Man

J_Wig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So il keep this brief as possible. I like many others have become a victim of a failed port/activation but I have been waiting for a response from public mobile since Oct 31st when my cc was charged $128.00
My initial contact was via the online contact us form, I waited 2days as advised to do so on the auto response email and then registered with the community and asked for help there.

Iv had nothing despite sending private messages to Shazia k, Saray_O and Mary M on the 2nd, 4th and 6th 7th Nov respectively.

My public mobile shows a connection to public mobile network but Am unable to do the following
Make calls
Receive calls
Send or receive texts
Use data
Re register for self serve.

I have seen many others complain on her after my posts / messages and have their issues resolved but I continue to be ignored!

Hence the title of my post.

It seems public mobile solve issues based on who makes the most noise rather than in any kind of chronological order.

Beyond frustrated.

On a plus the other community members have been great at trying to help out.

20 REPLIES 20

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_Wig glad to hear everything worked out. Hopefully everyone else will have their issues solved soon too

J_Wig
So yesterday at 8am I got the heads up my port was "stuck" and that it was forwarded to the tech team. I woke up this morning to find my Virgin sim no longer in use.

I inserted my Public mobile sim and finally the thing works! I got the successful port text.

It's took a while but hopefully it's plain sailing from here.

Thanks to the over worked mods, obviously this is not their fault.

Let the savings begin.

jpar211

Yes my phone number was ported over no problem. I just can't login to my account. Hey @Shazia_K, if you can please review this and look into it, I would greatly appreciate it. Still getting the following message below:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

J_Wig

So my sim still isnt working fully, I can now receive texts from certain people but not others, must be network dependant?  I still cant receive calls.

But now on my old Virgin Sim I cant receive everyones texts either just certain peoples.

@Shazia_K its been 24 hours (plus 8 days) is there anything you can do?

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@J_Wig:  Thanks for letting us know... the incoming number issues will be resolved when your port is complete.

J_Wig

UPDATE: I just tried the sim card in my phone and I was able to Register for self serve and see my account, I can also send texts and make calls and use data!

I still cannot receive txts or calls so juat going to leave the sim in my phone for a while and hopefully the port will complete soon!

Good luck too everyone still in limbo.

surrey
@Shazia_K Maybe you can help me out as well, I have been waiting just as long as the OP. I am also very Frustrated.

iDi

@J_Wig @jpar211 Any updates with your issues? Mine has been resolved.

jpar211

@Shazia_K & @J_Wig- All is good and number is ported over! Thanks again for the assistance!

My only issue now is that I cannot login to my account. I have the error message that shows below:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

Please let me know if this is a system wide error or if it can be resolved?

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@J_Wig:  YAY!  You finally got the attention of a moderator... the provocative posting idea worked.  Let us all know when you've resolved it.

jpar211

@Shazia_K Thank you for looking into this!! I really appreciate it. I'll check and make sure that the port occurred within the next hour.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jpar211

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes and then simply power cycle your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jpar211

Hey @Shazia_K

I just sent you the private message now with all my information. Thank you for your prompt response and I hope this gets sorted out soon.

Thank you,

jpar211

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jpar211

Can you please send it back as I didn't find any. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

J_Wig
@Shazia_K I have messaged you again.

jpar211

Hi Shazia,

I have had the same issue as well, no one has contacted me regarding porting my number over. I have already sent you a private message with all my information on Sunday. I need my number ported over to cancel with my current carrier as I am currently being charged for their services.

If you can please assist me in porting my number over, I would greatly appreciate this also.

Thank you,

jpar211

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i know that the frustration level can rise especially with somebody who is waiting as long as you are.... no excuses on this one....

just out of curiosity: did somebody help you already on the board here to run some trouble shooting ( sorry didn't want to weed through all of your posts so i thought it's quicker to ask a couple questions even if ask before )

1. what phone model are you using?

2. did you ever receive anyting from PM on your phone like a welcome text or so?

3. did you try your sim in a different phone if possible already?

4. did you by any chance already try a factory reset of your phone ?

5. did you check your APN already?

believe it or not, but we had in the recent past people complaining about no service ( not to say that it is the case here!) andf then somebody on the board ask the simple question about the phone model, and then the big OHHHHHH came, because phone was not compatible also the IMEI checker suggested it is.......

so be easy on me asking all these questions but the mods here would have to ask them to anyways....

cheers

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @J_Wig

I'm truly sorry about this! 

Can you please send me a message with your Public Mobile SIM card? I will look into this right away. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

iDi

amen to that. I too have previously submitted the online contact us form and received no response hence my presence here. While I can access my account and do everything other than receive calls/sms, I feel your frustration. Last I saw they were somewhere around Saturday afternoon in terms of shifting through private messages but I too get the feeling that the people making the most noise and asking aroud about charging back their CCs get pushed on top of that queue. 

As long as you've provided them with the needed information you can't do much else. Maybe message them on facebook or twitter?

@Shazia_K would you kindly help this poor soul, it's been more than a week, come on. 

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @J_Wig,

Sorry for the terrible experience so far! This is probably the best place to post.. I can only promise it gets better after you're fully onboard!

Tagging the moderator for you anyways... maybe it'll catch their attention this time! @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.