cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Public Mobile!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have just signed up for Public Mobile and I can say I am the happiest new customer ever.

It took me literally 5 minutes to activate the SIM and transfer my phone number. The service worked right away. Now I can start saving. Smiley Happy

16 REPLIES 16

Fozee22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just throwing it out there: A very very huge Bravo Zulu to Public Mobile for their support and prompt communication with the community. So far I have saved over $600 since i have joined public mobile. A very great team and service for good people who wants to move forward and break that chain reaction of contracts.

Cheers!!

Fez

Fozee22

Just throwing it out there: A very very huge Bravo Zulu to Public Mobile for their support and prompt communication with the community. So far I have saved over $600 since i have joined public mobile. A very great team and service for good people who wants to move forward and break that chain reaction of contracts.

Cheers!!

Fez

@ute1978 wrote:

I have just signed up for Public Mobile and I can say I am the happiest new customer ever.

It took me literally 5 minutes to activate the SIM and transfer my phone number. The service worked right away. Now I can start saving. Smiley Happy

@ute1978 wrote:

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@paul_1,

Welcome to our awesome Community 😄

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @paul_1!  

Welcome aboard.  Great to hear that you are happy with PM and bringing in new customers.  Enjoy the referral rewards.  🙂

Vakshwell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ute1978 Congrats and welcome to Public Mobile! 😀

It's super exciting to be able to save money on great service! Cheers to saving! 😄

paul_1

I agree!  I joined almost a month ago and it couldn't have been easier and the service has been great.  No problems what so ever and I have recommended it to a couple freinds.  One freind has ordered a sim card and will join when they get the sim and other are very interested in my experience.

imm1304

Yes, I believe that your home province would be Saskatchewan if your number is from there.

You may be using up your add-on minutes for incoming calls in Alberta.  Outgoing calls would not be affected because you get unlimited outgoing calls within whichever province you are in.   One easy way to verify is to check the Add-on usage history.  Let us know what you see in selfserve.  

ute1978

@imm1304 wrote:

Hi @ute1978!

Welcome to Public Mobile!

I would like to clarify the province-wide calling.  The area code that you selected is your home province. Unlimited talk while in home province. 

I live in Alberta but transferred a Saskatchewan number. So my province is Saskatchewan?

imm1304

Hi @ute1978!

Welcome to Public Mobile!

I would like to clarify the province-wide calling.  The area code that you selected is your home province. Unlimited talk while in home province. 

If you were to go out of your home province, your incoming calls will stop working unless you purchase either one of the 2 long distance add-ons from selfserve.  However, you will still be able to call out to any number within the province you are geographically in.  

Also, data coverage is nationwide.  And there is no international roaming with PM.  

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. 

ute1978

@7789849803 wrote:

As you'll read in that post, you will not be able to receive any incoming calls when you're physically located outside the province where you originally signed up for your plan.

No worries about that. I also added 400 minutes international long distance.

@ute1978 The following article describes province wide calling in greater detail: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-is-Province-wide-calling/m-p/2404#M...

As you'll read in that post, you will not be able to receive any incoming calls when you're physically located outside the province where you originally signed up for your plan.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is freaking awesome!

Welcome to the family!

JL

ute1978

Awesome! I am looking forward to my adventure with Public Mobile.

@ute1978 You're welcome. 

Province is set by the tower you connect to.

ute1978

Thank you.

My first question:

I chose province wide unlimited talk. How is the province set? By the phone number, or by my location/or where I live?

Mayor / Maire

Wow - I'm so happy to hear this, @ute1978! Let me be the first to officially welcome you to PM, and to this wonderful community!

Need Help? Let's chat.