cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not always working?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I've never had problems with this before. I also haven't changed anything in Self-Serve or in my phone softwares. I've tried other (factory default) SMS software with the same results. I've tried my SIM in another device with same results.

I'm in BC. Now unable to send texts to AB numbers which I was able to contact before. Even when dialing 1 or +1, even when letting the phone "dial" valid numbers automatically by replying to incoming. Software shows the texts were successfully sent to network but no response or receipt beyond that. Local (BC) texts are still working fine.

Why is this suddenly broken? And how can it be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6

@Korth 

Which model phone?  Is data and talk working?  Can you phone those Alberta numbers? SMS or MMS texts?  

If it does not also work in another phone, it is likely a PM Service issue.  Might need to submit ticket for moderator help.  

@Korth lol me = comatose

@gpixel wrote:

on 4G LTE devices, the PRL(preferred roaming list) is updated with your SIM card. To ensure you have the latest PRL, you can power your phone off and remove/reinsert the SIM card once a month or so.

then reset your network settings

Tried SIM card in another phone. Then in my own again. Full power cycle/reboot is part of that, lol.

The numbers are originally from Alberta. But the phones (and the people) are in BC.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Korth 

Maybe ole Jason K had enough and decided to join the USA to get their oil to the mid-West.

In all seriousness, I have no idea.

Maybe a network issue in the area of Alberta you're trying to reach?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Korth contact customer support mods boy!

maybe try updating your preferred roaming list

on 4G LTE devices, the PRL(preferred roaming list) is updated with your SIM card. To ensure you have the latest PRL, you can power your phone off and remove/reinsert the SIM card once a month or so.

then reset your network settings

Need Help? Let's chat.