cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from PM

Stevemic16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got this automated text from public mobile and not sure what to do about it

“Please visit https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ to make an update to ensure uninterrupted service. (2/2)”

thanks 

20 REPLIES 20

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grannie wrote:

I could kiss you!

For anyone else with this problem, I was not seeing the very small print on the bottom 'Manage my card' link. I only saw the very visible 'Manage auto pay'.

They make it so difficult, especially for old eyes.

How do I give you a 'bravo'?

PM is working on the UI of that page earlier this year.  Let us hope that they will make it easier to read.

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw shucks @Jb456 and @popping ! You got a kiss from Grannie! Not many kisses around these days.

@Grannie: See the little thumbs-up lower down of the box area of the text area. Click on it to give whoever and however many you feel like giving a bravo to.

Grannie

I could kiss you!

For anyone else with this problem, I was not seeing the very small print on the bottom 'Manage my card' link. I only saw the very visible 'Manage auto pay'.

They make it so difficult, especially for old eyes.

How do I give you a 'bravo'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grannie wrote:

Did that. But there is no option to change an expiry date that I can see, or to just update or confirm.

@Grannie 

Yeah it would be nice if there was an edit. But you basically have to re-do the whole thing.

Don't use the apt# field. Match your billing address. Either no space or omit the last digit of the postal code. Maybe even all caps.

If you can get it in successfully then do a manual payment of like a dollar just to make sure it's working.

Grannie

Thank you. I will try that.

popping

@Grannie wrote:

My credit card expired and I have a new card.  Only the expiry date has changed. I got a text notification from Public to 'make an update to ensure uninterrupted service'. I have tried but cannot find that option under 'update'.

Login to self-server account.

1.  Select Payment page

2.  click on the Mange my card link at the bottom left hand side.

3.  Select Replace this credit card to replace the your card info even only expiry date has changed.

Grannie

Did that. But there is no option to change an expiry date that I can see, or to just update or confirm.

@Grannie  Log into your account and click "Payment" then bottom left "Manage my card".

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Grannie

My credit card expired and I have a new card.  Only the expiry date has changed. I got a text notification from Public to 'make an update to ensure uninterrupted service'. I have tried but cannot find that option under 'update'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grannie wrote:

But how did you update it?  I cannot find that option

@Grannie : A little context would be helpful. Who are you replying to? Update what?

What problem are you having?

Grannie

But how did you update it?  I cannot find that option

alicorn2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have received the exact same text.  It is definitely from Public Mobile.  I received it twice before I decoded what it meant (expiring credit card).  Neither time came with a part 1 of 2.  

Credit card on file expired end of May.  First text was sent May 1, second text was sent May 24.  Both came from 611, the same ID that sends the "thank you for your payment" and "rewards have been applied" texts.

@Stevemic16 wrote:

It came from 611 that’s how I knew it wasn’t a scam because I received messages from that number before. But the weird thing is is that there was no 1/2 message for some reason 

Please visit https ://www.publicmobile.ca/

Texts can be manupilated and links sometimes are not what they seem. Smiley Happy So always type in the site instead of clicking on links from any texts.

Stevemic16

It came from 611 that’s how I knew it wasn’t a scam because I received messages from that number before. But the weird thing is is that there was no 1/2 message for some reason 

You are welcome @Stevemic16 . Since this is the first such message from PM, that I have ever heard about. Could you please post the number that it came from? Thanks.

@Stevemic16 wrote:

Perfect. Thanks that’s exactly what it is. My credit card is expiring in March. I haven’t gotten my new credit card in the mail yet but when I do I will have update my payment online. 

Thanks for the quick response! 

Stevemic16

Perfect. Thanks that’s exactly what it is. My credit card is expiring in March. I haven’t gotten my new credit card in the mail yet but when I do I will have update my payment online. 

Thanks for the quick response! 

popping

Agree with the other members that the text may be sent from a scammer. 

It is safer to use your own link on your phone or computer.  Better safe than sorry.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Stevemic16 wrote:

“Please visit https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ to make an update to ensure uninterrupted service. (2/2)”

thanks 

What does Text 1/2 say?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Stevemic16 wrote:

thanks 

That's a very vague sounding text message. Public Mobile does send some reminders out but I'd be suspicious about wehther the link in the message actually sends you to the Public Mobile website or to somewhere else.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Stevemic16 is your credit card either about to, or expired? Thanks. And congratulations, if that's the case, you are the first one to ever get such a notice.

Or it could be a scam. What number did it come from? I have gotten texts from PM from the following 4 numbers:

1. 100 - Rewards being applied.

2. 611 - payment due date and payment thankyou .

3. 5129 - CRTC mandatory complience message.

4. 5179 - Koodo marketing upsell.

@Stevemic16 wrote:

thanks 

Need Help? Let's chat.