cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting seems to be lagging, I sent a txt and it took 1 1/2 hrs to receive, is it normal?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Just wanted to say, The Txt service seems to have some Lagging Issues, sending a Txt seems to take way too long, is it normal, or my handset, or Network, or something else?

11 REPLIES 11

Once this happened to me on my nexus 5. It looked like my signal were frozen from elevator dead zone to wide open zone. Checked everything but it won't send messages. Finally, rebooted and it was back to normal. 

I have both Textra and Chomp SMS, seems OK, for moment

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 so you were already on Textra?  Could you try something different than your usual app?  Maybe Chomp SMS?  Or Google's Messenger or Hangouts?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am now using Textra, and I am from Tor GTA area

srlawren

@makkahn28 wrote:

Yes and it doesn't seem to fix

@makkahn28 are you using an Android phone?  If so, could you try an alternate SMS app from the app store to see if it makes any difference?  I like Textra, but there are many.  Alternatively you could try a factory restore, but as that's a lot more intrusive, I'd suggest you try another app first.

Also, what part of the country are you in and what recipient network(s) are you trying to contact?  I've exchanged a few texts today in the greater Vancouver area with no issue, to a Fido customer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mjs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

everything is fine wih me. try checking your phone and any applications running in the background that might be slowing down your phone. if you have many applications, especially facebook and games that keep running in the background, I recommend closing them (end task) or changing their setings to hybernate if they are not being used. This should speed up many things on your phone.

Yes and it doesn't seem to fix

srlawren

@makkahn28 dumb question but have you rebooted recently?

Is it possible for a PM Rep to check and see if the Txt Service is functioning properly or if requires recalibration

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All the time it's like that or sometime ? Who knows ? might be your smartphone, might be the signal , sometime bad spot of network coverarge and so one.

Sometime mine send laggy message to but it's happen very rare. When i have 1 line of signal strenght happen. Which usually it's very rare. Or when i go in the subterranean parking

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Mine is normal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.