cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working

Kashh8695
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use a iPhone 7 

my texting worked Perfectly fine before I had no issues I can make phone calls I can receive phone calls I can receive text messages I just can’t send them the error every time

11 REPLIES 11

@Danitoo wrote:

I had an iphone and you need to have cell data enabled even of you do not have data, for texts to send.

Not so; iMessage/MMS must have data, SMS needs no data connection. 

Best iPhone settings are: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show PM phone number and Apple ID email address.

If iMessage is OFF all messaging is regular SMS/MMS.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danitoo wrote:

I had an iphone and you need to have cell data enabled even of you do not have data, for texts to send.

Well nobody else is saying anything...I think iMessage needs an internet connection (wifi or cell data). MMS needs cell data (paid or not) on.

Danitoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kashh8695 wrote:

I checked to see if my iMessage or my normal text messages were the issue and my Imessaging works fine I shut it off, my normal texting won’t send. 

I'm not an Apple guy so I'm just searching around and found that someone had success with the Home/Power button to do a full shutdown. Then turn it back on again.

Kashh8695

I checked to see if my iMessage or my normal text messages were the issue and my Imessaging works fine I shut it off, my normal texting won’t send. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kashh8695 

Are you using iMessage? Is it *all* recipients?

If iMessage, are you able to change the setting to use SMS rather than going through iMessage. iMessage needs wifi or data to work otherwise.

After your post...

Kashh8695

I have restarted my phone I have factory reset my phone I’ve tried my Sim card in different phones I’ve done a lot it doesn’t work

Kashh8695

I have a $40 plan I don’t run out it’s unlimited

Stellaaa

Restart your phone and try again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kashh8695  what plan re you on one of the 10 or 15$ ones?  maybe you ran out of outgoing sms?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kashh8695 wrote:

I use a iPhone 7 

my texting worked Perfectly fine before I had no issues I can make phone calls I can receive phone calls I can receive text messages I just can’t send them the error every time

Are you on a limited text plan? Maybe you have used up your text limit?

Need Help? Let's chat.