cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages

flager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can someone receive a text message from me if I did not send them a text message?

15 REPLIES 15

Bettycaligiuri

It the people you are sending messages to do not have a phone plan, then you need to send imessages using data for them to receive it. Conversely, it could be an issue arising from sending imessages to non-iPhone users. (Pictures for instance do not always send.)

It could be a network issue, but could also be a phone specific issue. I would also try googling the issue on iphone forums to see if other iPhone users have had similar issues and if so, how they remedied them. 

3s_Plenty

When that has happened to me(and it has with other providers too) i assume it's a signal issue? I know in one of my local grocery stores if i am towards the back, i have no cell service towards the front of the store i do.

Emmamcc902

It seems someone has hacked your messaging app or spoofed it. If the message doesn't show up on your side that seems to be the only reasonable explanation 

@Lensky  It is best to start your own thread to maximize your responses. But this is likely an imessage issue. Here are a few simple instructions on how to make imessage work better for YOU:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/change-iphone-imessage-to-text

Lensky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks, I am a new customer and using an iphone 7 but sending text is sometimes not delivered or delayed.

@Lensky wrote:

how come my text messages are sometimes not delivered or sent? and text received are delayed

@Lensky 

More details my be helpful. Which makes el phone? Plan? New customer versus old. Anything pattern to the delayed texts?  To iPhone users? Etc. 

Lensky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how come my text messages are sometimes not delivered or sent? and text received are delayed

flager

Thanks... did check my usage and the message sent to my boss... didn't correspond to usage on my phone... so I suggested that he get his phone checked.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you part of a group message? The other possility is that the original sender has all replies being sent to the group. I've had it happen to me before when my sister sent out a group message and I got a reply from an unknown number asking who I was

@flager  Best to verify if in fact the message was sent from your device without your knowledge. Access selfserve and click on usage history and check to see if an outgoing text was recorded in the logs for the specific date and time.

flager

The text message does not show up on my phone... but certainly did on my boss's phone... and this is the first time this has happened. I asked him if perhaps there was another cellular number linked to contact information on his phone and he said no.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When did this begin?

Best to check the list of apps installed and remove anything suspicious. If this issue still persists factory reset the phone. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It could be possible that you could have a virus that is sending texts to your contact list.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@flager 

More details may be helpful.  Does the text message show up on your phone?

Maybe somebody spoof/spam your number?

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like the spam calls, maybe someone is spoofing your number...now a day, it is very likely.

Need Help? Let's chat.