cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text about unresolved telecom issues

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does anyone know what this is about ?  I just received a text with this info

complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer

6 REPLIES 6

Regulatory (legal) obligation.

CRTC required wireless carriers to keep customers informed of the CRTC Wireless Code (customers have codified rights, where customers can go for information, how and where customers can report complaints). CCTS Wireless Code likely inherited this requirement.

I think the carriers operate whatever schedules they like for these announcements. They might even "voluntarily" do send more messages than the absolute minimum required of them, just to ensure they stand on solid legal footing. They might arbitrarily broadcast reminders whenever sensitive/controversial Wireless Code topics gain visibility.

Dolphin1

@Jb456 wrote:

I got one today to from 5129

That's where I received it from

Dolphin1

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah they come every two or three months. Jun 26, Aug 20, Nov 22 for me. I guess I'm due for one soon.

This is the first time I received it.

I got one today to from 5129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they come every two or three months. Jun 26, Aug 20, Nov 22 for me. I guess I'm due for one soon.

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Does anyone know what this is about ?  I just received a text with this info

complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer

This is sent as a reminder a few times a year to all customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.